Which is the best facebook app?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should just stick with the stock facebook app or if there was something better on the marketplace

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I use BLOO as well but I have it tied to Executive Assistant so that I can see recent updates on my home screen since it does not have a widget yet. One tap on EA then puts me into the BLOO app.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
these facebook apps on android are all god awful, the one on the iphone is actually pretty damn good

it's pretty damn frustrating that facebook only gives a damn about iphone users

joker920

Reaction score
these facebook apps on android are all god awful, the one on the iphone is actually pretty damn good

it's pretty damn frustrating that facebook only gives a damn about iphone users

I agree. The FB app doesn't reliably tell me when I have comments made to my posts. Most of the time I just go to Facebook via the internet.

amjacobs1

Reaction score
It's silly we have to go to the Internet via a browser to get the full Facebook experience. But you got to do what you got to do (for now).

rusray

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should just stick with the stock facebook app or if there was something better on the marketplace

You can try out Bloo

seems to be smoother for me

I've tried the stock program and Bloo. I currently use Bloo, but I don't like it much better. Even the BB Facebook app was better than the ones I've found for Droid. The lack of notifications are what mainly bothers me; the Blackberry app gave you every notification you could receive an email for, but didn't notify you of the email on your phone. That was pretty awesome.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I have the fb native app, bloo, and Facebook contact sync.

Bloo for the messages
Facebook for the widget
Contact sync..self explanatory.

Contact sync isnt available in the merket anymore.. have to google for the apk.

dmt316

Reaction score
i just use book mark on my home screen to bring me to the web app.

gentlefury

Reaction score
yeah im really really disapointed with all the FB options, im just hoping a real buzz app comes out.

hinky

Reaction score
1) The iphone has been around a lot longer than Android so it only makes sense the app is more mature.

2) The Android OS is far from stable, getting there. What do you expect at this point? Lots of flaky stuff going on and they did a pretty good job for some things, just lacking email which is a surprise. It's no less finished and refined than the OS is.

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
1) The iphone has been around a lot longer than Android so it only makes sense the app is more mature.

2) The Android OS is far from stable, getting there. What do you expect at this point? Lots of flaky stuff going on and they did a pretty good job for some things, just lacking email which is a surprise. It's no less finished and refined than the OS is.

Far from stable? Hardly, I don't remember the last time (if ever) I had a problem with the OS itself. Third party apps are a different story. However, stable or unstable isn't an excuse for one ugly app and that is EXACTLY what the facebook app for android is.

It is hideous and lacks very basic functionality like messaging, page views, and many others. Quite frankly it is ridiculous. Even if they skinned the web app inside of an app it would be better than what they currently have.