Which is the best facebook app?

hinky

Reaction score
1) The iphone has been around a lot longer than Android so it only makes sense the app is more mature.

2) The Android OS is far from stable, getting there. What do you expect at this point? Lots of flaky stuff going on and they did a pretty good job for some things, just lacking email which is a surprise. It's no less finished and refined than the OS is.

Far from stable? Hardly, I don't remember the last time (if ever) I had a problem with the OS itself. Third party apps are a different story. However, stable or unstable isn't an excuse for one ugly app and that is EXACTLY what the facebook app for android is.
I've encountered several bugs that I've listed and seen many errors (com.google.apps or whatever it is) with barely a few apps installed if any. It's getting closer but not fixing something as simple as the date bug in the call log?

It is hideous and lacks very basic functionality like messaging, page views, and many others. Quite frankly it is ridiculous. Even if they skinned the web app inside of an app it would be better than what they currently have.
I agree too. However, they still have basic bugs to fix like I mentioned - how can you have a call log on a PHONE which doesn't report correctly almost 9 months later?

rusray

Reaction score
1) The iphone has been around a lot longer than Android so it only makes sense the app is more mature.

2) The Android OS is far from stable, getting there. What do you expect at this point? Lots of flaky stuff going on and they did a pretty good job for some things, just lacking email which is a surprise. It's no less finished and refined than the OS is.

Far from stable? Hardly, I don't remember the last time (if ever) I had a problem with the OS itself. Third party apps are a different story. However, stable or unstable isn't an excuse for one ugly app and that is EXACTLY what the facebook app for android is.
I've encountered several bugs that I've listed and seen many errors (com.google.apps or whatever it is) with barely a few apps installed if any. It's getting closer but not fixing something as simple as the date bug in the call log?

It is hideous and lacks very basic functionality like messaging, page views, and many others. Quite frankly it is ridiculous. Even if they skinned the web app inside of an app it would be better than what they currently have.
I agree too. However, they still have basic bugs to fix like I mentioned - how can you have a call log on a PHONE which doesn't report correctly almost 9 months later?

I understand frustration with minor bugs not getting fixed, but I feel like we're talking two different categories. If the Facebook app mixed up the first and last names in it's friend list, that would be comparable to the bug you're mentioning. But how it stands, it would be like Android not having a clock at all. Android isn't going anywhere, so you would think Facebook would make a full functioning app for it; and maybe they will! You could be absolutely right as to their reasons, but for the time being it's displeasing to a lot of Android Facebook users. As for the Android OS not being stable, I will say this: It's WAY more stable than the BB OS, and they have a pretty good Facebook app.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should just stick with the stock facebook app or if there was something better on the marketplace

You can try out Bloo

seems to be smoother for me

I've tried the stock program and Bloo. I currently use Bloo, but I don't like it much better. Even the BB Facebook app was better than the ones I've found for Droid. The lack of notifications are what mainly bothers me; the Blackberry app gave you every notification you could receive an email for, but didn't notify you of the email on your phone. That was pretty awesome.

the Reason this was possible on BB is that the FB app would intercept and check all emails for the FB tag and if it was there, it would go to facebook. If not, it wouldn't. That is essentially how most push programs worked on BB, though email. I know of atleast one program that did the same thing with a tag on PIN messages to send them to their program rather than to the inbox.

With droid, I honestly don't see what the problem is.... i use bloo to read my friend's status updates and comment on them. I usually get the email before the notification, but atleast I'm being notified. I use the native FB app to upload and tag photos... I don't see where the blackberry app was much if any better.

rusray

Reaction score
You can try out Bloo

seems to be smoother for me

I've tried the stock program and Bloo. I currently use Bloo, but I don't like it much better. Even the BB Facebook app was better than the ones I've found for Droid. The lack of notifications are what mainly bothers me; the Blackberry app gave you every notification you could receive an email for, but didn't notify you of the email on your phone. That was pretty awesome.

the Reason this was possible on BB is that the FB app would intercept and check all emails for the FB tag and if it was there, it would go to facebook. If not, it wouldn't. That is essentially how most push programs worked on BB, though email. I know of atleast one program that did the same thing with a tag on PIN messages to send them to their program rather than to the inbox.

With droid, I honestly don't see what the problem is.... i use bloo to read my friend's status updates and comment on them. I usually get the email before the notification, but atleast I'm being notified. I use the native FB app to upload and tag photos... I don't see where the blackberry app was much if any better.

I think my problem is that I don't want two notifications for one thing (i know you can turn off the facebook app notifications), and I don't want my gmail account flooded with facebook messages. Sometimes people go crazy with wall posts and I get 20 emails in under a minute. Maybe I'm being a little crazy about it, haha. I just really like the Push system, I guess.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I agree, they are all seriously lacking...
I use the stock FB widget and Bloo for notifications ...

I wanted to love Bloo but unfortunately Bloo is WAY too slow ... people update their status and it still shows their old one hours later.

I get SMS msgs for a few people but can only read the first few lines which prompts me to go search their fb profile to read and comment ... Bloo is dreadfully slow. I use FB touch but honestly, I really think they all SUCK!

I hope Facebook puts out a better Android app soon. I like the widget but even that scrolls terribly - it jumps past people's profiles or gets stuck. Ugh! It's just a huge FAIL!!

So yeah, I use stock FB widget, Bloo and FB Touch and still feel like it's not worth the hassle and it's easier to check from my laptop.