official lets get the facebook app rating down to one star thread

Q

qoncept

It's pretty sad that Google would allow such a horrible app to be included with the stock OS.
<Rant>

Oh you mean like the native Google Calendar App?
What's wrong with the calendar app? The calendar is the main reason I have a smartphone and it works fine for me. The included widget is pretty lame but the calendar is fine. It's much better than the calendar I had on my Blackberry, and being able to access it on a web browser makes it even better.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that Google would allow such a horrible app to be included with the stock OS.
<Rant>

Oh you mean like the native Google Calendar App?
What's wrong with the calendar app? The calendar is the main reason I have a smartphone and it works fine for me. The included widget is pretty lame but the calendar is fine. It's much better than the calendar I had on my Blackberry, and being able to access it on a web browser makes it even better.

Functionally it's all there, it's the user experience that's I'm really missing from the web versions. I'm using Pure Grid Calendar widget instead of using the actually app to view all my appointments and what not. I just wish they'd get around to creating native apps with as much care and attention to how they are developing their web interfaces.

If Google's goal is to get more and more people connected to their web services through their phones then they should at least spend the time to make their native apps evoke the same positive experience as using one of services as you would in a browser, one could argue that it should provide an even greater experiences since it's a native application.

Then again Google isn't a software maker so I can understand why their native apps are so shltty compared to their web-based ones. lol