official lets get the facebook app rating down to one star thread

OmegaXzer0

Reaction score
I agree, the program is prerry stripped. It lacks eventhe basic funtions of checking messages and it doesn't refresh correctly a lot of the time. You'd think, as big as facebook is these days, they would actually make a good app.

As weird as it is, the app for Android isn't even made by Facebook. o_O

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that Google would allow such a horrible app to be included with the stock OS.

hlaalu

Reaction score
program is lame. and there was a facebook group for the htc droid, i figured it would have some kind of info on a download but that group is lame too

daftlush

Reaction score
Way ahead of you. Went 1star a long time ago for Facebook and Google Maps.

What? Google Maps is wonderful. Have you actually used Google Maps?

It's getting better. (thanks to me :icon_ devil:)
In the beginning, it wouldn't give voice directions in time to take action.
It still doesn't pick the best route.

mad3963

Reaction score
I'm in! 1 star from me, and a scathing review. :icon_evil:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
A great noob question.... how do I rate an app. I tried to figure it out for 5 seconds, but then my ADD kicked in

solar

Reaction score
After you download and app, when you are in the market, click the "menue" hard button, and choose "downloads". You will then see a list of apps you've downloaded. click on one and you'll see where you can choose how many stars and where to add a comment.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
This app is total garbage, they need to quit focusing on "upgrading" facebook, which they haven't done in quite a long time, and focus on making the android app just as good as the iPhone one. As it stands right now, Bloo is 10x better and it's still not very good.

Q

qoncept

What's up with it hiding things I can see in a web browser? How am I supposed to stalk anybody like this?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
After you download and app, when you are in the market, click the "menue" hard button, and choose "downloads". You will then see a list of apps you've downloaded. click on one and you'll see where you can choose how many stars and where to add a comment.

I can rate my downloaded apps, but my facebook app is not there, it came on the Droid.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that Google would allow such a horrible app to be included with the stock OS.
<Rant>

Oh you mean like the native Google Calendar App? Or how bout their native gmail app (well compared to their web version lol ;p) where I can't even download attachments? Oh what about their youtube app (all my subscriptions won't even show up, apparently I have too many and I can't even comment on a video, only view comments; not to mention I'm plagued by "this video is not playable...blah blah blah)?

</Rant>

Anyway yes, the Facebook app sucks but it's ok because I'm beginning to hate Facebook anyway... :icon_ devil: