Whew , Hi. Been away for awhile. Is it worth it?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome back sir. Good to see that bright red circle again. I went from the Turbo to a Z Force and really loved the upgrade. I haven't seen the need for a mod on my phone. The mod battery packs make it too bulky for me and I've never had problems with the battery not getting my through a day. I've used the Incipio case ( I think it's called the dual pro) for the entire time and I love the added grip it gives to the phone.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome back sir. Good to see that bright red circle again. I went from the Turbo to a Z Force and really loved the upgrade. I haven't seen the need for a mod on my phone. The mod battery packs make it too bulky for me and I've never had problems with the battery not getting my through a day. I've used the Incipio case ( I think it's called the dual pro) for the entire time and I love the added grip it gives to the phone.
Thank you. Never far away, just get lost in the weeds every now and then.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Long time Motorola Guy. Have a Droid Turbo. Not 2 not anything just the Turbo. Need a phone (probably) is the z2 play going to keep my Moto Love alive?

What other phones are you considering?

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
What other phones are you considering?

Well, "IF" the z2 play does not tickle my fancy.... and "if" I then don't just send it back and wait (what) 5 months for the next wave.

Probably the Google Pixel2 . Phone seemed flawlessly screaming fast and was a nice size. I don't know why but Samsung always leaves me a little flat. Perhaps because my Wife loves them and maybe I just want her to have her thing.
iPhones .... I just can't bring myself to belly up to that bar, "Kool-aid Please and keep em' comin'"

Motorola bit me back in the 80's.... then there was the Startac. Coolest phone ever IMO. My first Razor. Second coolest phone ever.
Maybe that was Moto's hayday but my loyalties run deep. Possibly referred to by some as - stubborness.
I kid myself into thinking I earned it .... ha.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Not trying to spend your money. But, I ran across a Tech21 Evo case. They have a proprietary material that they first made cases for laptops. It absorbs and dispersed shock.
There are videos where they drop laptops and phones from a balcony.
Place a cover on a phone, in an apartment, then throw or across the room into a brick wall, while playing a video on YouTube, same with the laptop in the above example, and it did fine.

I never liked thick cases, and this one is thin. Mine was dropped on concrete floors that just have tile on top.
The buttons on the phone function flawlessly with the case on and it's very grippy, but you can get it on an out of your pocket. Not expensive, either.
Protective Phone Case - Evo Check | tech21 ●● ●

Good luck on your phone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not trying to spend your money. But, I ran across a Tech21 Evo case. They have a proprietary material that they first made cases for laptops. It absorbs and dispersed shock.
There are videos where they drop laptops and phones from a balcony.
Place a cover on a phone, in an apartment, then throw or across the room into a brick wall, while playing a video on YouTube, same with the laptop in the above example, and it did fine.

I never liked thick cases, and this one is thin. Mine was dropped on concrete floors that just have tile on top.
The buttons on the phone function flawlessly with the case on and it's very grippy, but you can get it on an out of your pocket. Not expensive, either.
Protective Phone Case - Evo Check | tech21 ●● ●

Good luck on your phone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Interesting you mention that. I have a Tech21 case on my Droid Turbo and it kept it "brand new" for its life.
I did find that the case added a multiplying effect to my Droid perhaps not the same on the Z2. When I say "multiplying effect" I mean the phone alone was light and thin. The case alone was as well. Combined it seemed way larger and heavier.
Cases are a tough buy. Around here there are no stores to go touch/feel so everything is stork delivery and "yee gets what yee gets".

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fedex finally showed up. Nice box. Nice looking phone. In the rich tradition of my Battery Mentor (Foxkat) I'm plugged in (came with 70%) before turning on.

Whew... thin phone (understatement) .....

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Well, "IF" the z2 play does not tickle my fancy.... and "if" I then don't just send it back and wait (what) 5 months for the next wave.

Probably the Google Pixel2 . Phone seemed flawlessly screaming fast and was a nice size. I don't know why but Samsung always leaves me a little flat. Perhaps because my Wife loves them and maybe I just want her to have her thing.
iPhones .... I just can't bring myself to belly up to that bar, "Kool-aid Please and keep em' comin'"

Motorola bit me back in the 80's.... then there was the Startac. Coolest phone ever IMO. My first Razor. Second coolest phone ever.
Maybe that was Moto's hayday but my loyalties run deep. Possibly referred to by some as - stubborness.
I kid myself into thinking I earned it .... ha.

I think Startac was my first phone too. (I slept since then so not sure) I was looking for the smallest phone I could find at the time so it would be easy to sneak to work. how times change, years later I was looking for the largest phone I could find and like and found the original note just as it was being released.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Observation, my only ehh is.... the phone is thin. For its size, I expected more actual screen real estate. That is kind of a head scratcher for me. The price was great....
I'd like more screen. I don't need to see less these days. Maybe these phones are designed for a younger crowd. I'm not exactly "Jitterbug" phase but .....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That has been a common complaint by some. With the fingerprint scanner on the front bottom, the phone is taller and not true full screen. But they couldn't put it on the back, or else we could not use Moto Mods. The Z3 is rumored to have the fingerprint scanner on the side where your power button is, and the power button the left side.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe they need to come out with a fingerprint MotoMod

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Observation, my only ehh is.... the phone is thin. For its size, I expected more actual screen real estate. That is kind of a head scratcher for me. The price was great....
I'd like more screen. I don't need to see less these days. Maybe these phones are designed for a younger crowd. I'm not exactly "Jitterbug" phase but .....
Other than that, how's it treating you? Are you liking the phone?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk