Whew , Hi. Been away for awhile. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Moto Z Play' started by CaptainSS, May 22, 2018.

1. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Suggestions on case, screen protector etc.. ? I'm a plan for the best kinda guy.... IF I like the phone, I like accessories on hand almost simultaneously.
    Or maybe the phone screams "leave me alone" I'm not so sure my Turbo wasn't negatively effected by its case. Seems like it is working better since I removed it last day or so.
    Maybe my calls to Verizon caused a tech button to be pushed on the Master Board giving it a few more weeks of function after I said just go ahead and cancel me (-:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,555
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    My suggestion is: if you plan on using any Moto Mods, go without a case or just a simple bumper case. If you have no intention of using Moto Mods get a thin case that adds a little "grip". You either need a Style Shell Mod or case to protect the back of the phone and the Moto Mod pins. I don't think anyone makes a case that fits over a Style Shell. So it's either no Moto Mods / Style Shell attached & a case. Or Style Shell & Moto Mods without a case, or bumper case.

As far as screen protectors, I haven't used one on a Gorilla Glass screen in years. In my opinion modern Gorilla Glass is very scratch resistant and doesn't need a screen protector. That's just my opinion though, I know many people use them on Gorilla Glass. Shattershield screens absolutely need a screen protector, but the Z2 Play is not Shattershield, it's traditional Gorilla Glass.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    VERY helpful. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Welcome back sir. Good to see that bright red circle again. I went from the Turbo to a Z Force and really loved the upgrade. I haven't seen the need for a mod on my phone. The mod battery packs make it too bulky for me and I've never had problems with the battery not getting my through a day. I've used the Incipio case ( I think it's called the dual pro) for the entire time and I love the added grip it gives to the phone.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Thank you. Never far away, just get lost in the weeds every now and then.

• Like Like x 3
  6. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,624
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    I think a lot of people get lost in the weed :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Ha! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +463
    What other phones are you considering?

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Well, "IF" the z2 play does not tickle my fancy.... and "if" I then don't just send it back and wait (what) 5 months for the next wave.

Probably the Google Pixel2 . Phone seemed flawlessly screaming fast and was a nice size. I don't know why but Samsung always leaves me a little flat. Perhaps because my Wife loves them and maybe I just want her to have her thing.
    iPhones .... I just can't bring myself to belly up to that bar, "Kool-aid Please and keep em' comin'"

Motorola bit me back in the 80's.... then there was the Startac. Coolest phone ever IMO. My first Razor. Second coolest phone ever.
    Maybe that was Moto's hayday but my loyalties run deep. Possibly referred to by some as - stubborness.
    I kid myself into thinking I earned it .... ha.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TxDoc

TxDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +195
    Current Phone Model:
    XT1635-01
    Not trying to spend your money. But, I ran across a Tech21 Evo case. They have a proprietary material that they first made cases for laptops. It absorbs and dispersed shock.
    There are videos where they drop laptops and phones from a balcony.

Place a cover on a phone, in an apartment, then throw or across the room into a brick wall, while playing a video on YouTube, same with the laptop in the above example, and it did fine.

I never liked thick cases, and this one is thin. Mine was dropped on concrete floors that just have tile on top.
    The buttons on the phone function flawlessly with the case on and it's very grippy, but you can get it on an out of your pocket. Not expensive, either.
    Protective Phone Case - Evo Check | tech21 ●● ●

Good luck on your phone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

#22 TxDoc, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Interesting you mention that. I have a Tech21 case on my Droid Turbo and it kept it "brand new" for its life.
    I did find that the case added a multiplying effect to my Droid perhaps not the same on the Z2. When I say "multiplying effect" I mean the phone alone was light and thin. The case alone was as well. Combined it seemed way larger and heavier.
    Cases are a tough buy. Around here there are no stores to go touch/feel so everything is stork delivery and "yee gets what yee gets".

• Like Like x 1
  12. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Fedex finally showed up. Nice box. Nice looking phone. In the rich tradition of my Battery Mentor (Foxkat) I'm plugged in (came with 70%) before turning on.

Whew... thin phone (understatement) .....

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

azs

best cameras
news