Where are my downloaded app stored internally?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate an application called SportsTap within my phones directory. I'm rooted and using Root Explorer to try and locate it. I searched the location "system-->app", which is where I thought I would find it. I saw many apps in this folder but not the one I'm looking for. As I'm typing this I decided to look again to see if any downloaded apps from the market where stored in this location and none of my downloaded apps are stored here.

Any ideas?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used to use that but since i couldn't find it in the market i tried out Live Scores. I love it. It has an update available to me but after reading that the update broke the notifications i'm not going to update. You can try it, maybe he fixed it. I do have the apk for sportstap but i can't remember if that was a paid app or not. If it even works anymore....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had apps that I couldn't find in Root Explorer too. Strange.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't find a Market app that is installed on your device in data/app and you know you haven't "pushed" it into system/app then chances are it is installled on the SD card

you would have to go to settings/applications/manage applications/installed on sd "application in question" move to phone and then it would become visible in data/app

Some people were having trouble finding market apps in the data/app folders before appling MM files and this seemed to be the solution every time

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys, I found my downloaded apps. SportsTap is a free app, but the recent update has created some issues that I hope the developer jumps on real quickly. Thank goodness for Titanium Backup.