Where are ringtones that are downloaded stored?

Echo3

Reaction score
I downloaded my ringtone off from myxer.com and while it shows up as a ringtone, I cannot find the file to delete it. I'm using Astro Manager and it doesn't show up under downloads on the SD card and it's not in the ringtone file in the phone directory.

Any ideas where it is stored?

OP
Echo3

Echo3

Reaction score
nope, nothing in there. the only folder I have in the medial folder is notifications and its not in there as well

Groucho

Reaction score
Hmm. Check inside your music player, see if the file(s) are there under your list of songs. If they are, you can long hold and choose delete from there.

OP
Echo3

Echo3

Reaction score
I did and nothing shows up. Seems like I have a ghost file...ugh. It has to be in here somewhere and I cant find the file.

Groucho

Reaction score
Astro has a built-in search function. Try "mp3" and see if that locates it.

Mojo

Reaction score
If you downloaded it... try looking in the "downloads" folder anything that I download ends up in the download folder. See the pattern ;)

Mojo

Reaction score
Woops my bad I misread your post you already looked in that folder.... (gixx read the entire post before being a smart azz)

OP
Echo3

Echo3

Reaction score
I know this may sound over the top but would a factory data reset fix this? I don't have much apps anyways and re-downloading them wont be a problem. Just wonder if it would erase my phone numbers that are stored on here?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where did you download the mp3's from? Web browser? iMusic? another app?

OP
Echo3

Echo3

Reaction score
web browser.

i did a factory data reset and now the ringtones I downoaded are gone. Seems like they were stored IN the phone somewhere and not on the SD card. Even a file search in Astro couldn't find it. Weird

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
web browser.

i did a factory data reset and now the ringtones I downoaded are gone. Seems like they were stored IN the phone somewhere and not on the SD card. Even a file search in Astro couldn't find it. Weird

It bothered you that much?

Weird....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
web browser.

Weird....

MY OCD wouldn't let it go either :icon_ devil:

OP
Echo3

Echo3

Reaction score
No. Some ringtones didn't play as loud so I wanted to delete it and redo it so it can adjust it at an acceptable level compared to the others. Adjusting the ringer volume to the highest won't even play that loud. So I wanted to get rid of the files that were stored.

web browser.

Weird....