Missing Files

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by dagr8tim, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dagr8tim

dagr8tim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I was looking for a quick and dirty way to make a ring tone, and went to myxertones. After cropping my MP3 down, I sent a txt to myself with the url to download the file (via the website). After that I decided to make changes and ended up sending the link 2 more times before being happy with the results.

At that point, I forwarded the txted download link to my computer so I could transfer the ringtone via USB to the /sdcard/ringtones folder. That worked great, but now I have 4 copies of that ringtone and want to get rid of 3 of them.

I downloaded the free version of astro and figured the files would be somewhere under /system/media/audio, but they were not. They are also not in the /sdcard/download folder. Does anyone know where I can look to delete these files?

I would perfer not to root my Droid to delete this files.

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    The best way to make custom ringtones is just dl ringdroid from the market. As for the missing file I'd download astro file manager and do a search for it. Good luck and :welcome: to the forum! :D

3. dagr8tim

dagr8tim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome. The first thing I did was install astro and manually look for it and then try to search. I know the files have to be somewhere in the device memory because they are not on the SD card.

If it helps, the txt last night was sent as a pix message. It's a common practice for phones that don't have an interface for adding custom ringtones. Perhaps they are whereever the default wallpapers are stored.

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh oops lol I must have missed the part about you already tried astro :p Are you using the stock messaging app or something else? Maybe try a search for "ringtones"? Perhaps a folder will come up and they will be in there. It's got to be there lol

5. dagr8tim

dagr8tim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Found this on another site:
    It worked for me. I'm glad it did because I had just done a mybackup and was getting ready to wipe my phone to get rid of them.

Search tags for this page
android file missing
android files missing

android mp3 files missing

missing file in android
missing file on android
missing files android
missing files on my phone
missing video file on my android

replace missing android files

replace missing files on android