When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
some of you need to read the DF Guidelines (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html). They are posted for a reason. If you would have read them, or any of the thousands of posts from Mods on this forum, you would see that top priority is Respect. Some of you are not showing any.

for your ease of reference, i have copied and pasted the most relevant guidelines for this discussion:

3. Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

Please remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated !

* * *​

10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

it's your choice - follow the rules, or not. but don't claim to be surprised at the consequences for not following them.​

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Anyone know how many Iphones have been sold. I definately think Iphone is behind the the Thunderbolt release date

sent from stock dx

Java

Reaction score
I wonder if this is leaving a bad taste in HTC's mouth - and that they might look elsewhere for their next releases...
Even if this were true, Verizon has the largest network. They can pretty much do whatever they want.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Effington and Smokie don't make me come over there!! : )

It's all good guys just enjoy the thread and have fun. I don't want hook to break out his Bald Eagle that he has trained to peck the eyes out of people and then have hdtv film it and post it all over youtube. It's just not worth it...

In all seriousness guys just discuss the phone and don't fight among eachother....I want to relax and watch some Oprah without interruption lol.

Ok back to the TB and everyone loving eachother : ) see you later ladies and gentlemen don't make me come back here with Bald Eagles and HiDef cams

leonozug

Reaction score
Man all I want is an official release date...
I don't even care if we get a release date yet. I would much rather know why it's not being released. I'd rather not buy a phone at all if the reason it's not being released right now is because of severe heating problems, flimsy product build and crippling software issues...
Pushing out a phone that isn't ready would be rash, but keeping the public informed as to why your product is months behind projected release dates is quite the nuisance. Like others have said, I heard about this phone originally in August, with a projected release around Christmas.

Not gonna lie, this made me lol

But anyways, I definitely foresee this taking into March when we haven't heard a single word from Verizon yet other than the Thunderbolt being "much anticipated"

im assuming you havent turned on a tv in the last week to witness the massive ad campaign?
The massive ad campaign gives us no information as to what the phone is, where it is in production, or when it will be released. So no, it doesn't help at all.

Java, I really don't think the reason it's not been released yet is because of problems with the phone itself. HTC has already released several other phones through T-Mobile and AT&T that are pretty much the same exact thing(AT&T Inspire and T-Mobile My Touch 4G)that the Thunderbolt is. I don't see any problems with those phones, and they are out now for sale. Other than Skype not being ready as it's been said, I can't think of any reason other than Verizon wanting to get in one more weekend push of selling iphones. That's what I'm thinking is the real story, no matter what they want you to think. Cause really, once the Thunderbolt comes out, it's going to crush the iphone. With all the hype surrounding it and it being the first 4G phone for Verizon and being Verizons EVO, it's gonna have a ton of interest.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn , I can't believe the biggest thread over here was closed . Some of the mods here have idea on how to run a forum and keep it enjoyable , so far they took the fun out of all the good threads . Please make Mod somebody who cares about the forum and has been a active member of a forum at least once before , not somebody who just discovered the internet and does this from his basement as a job for $500 a month and goes into power trips . I'll probably get banned for this , and this is exactly what I'm trying to achieve because I don't care about my 600 posts , 1 year old account . Goodbye

Smokie, did someone tell you that you can't discuss the subject? No. It's just a thread got closed. Calm down.

Java

Reaction score
Man all I want is an official release date...
I don't even care if we get a release date yet. I would much rather know why it's not being released. I'd rather not buy a phone at all if the reason it's not being released right now is because of severe heating problems, flimsy product build and crippling software issues...
Pushing out a phone that isn't ready would be rash, but keeping the public informed as to why your product is months behind projected release dates is quite the nuisance. Like others have said, I heard about this phone originally in August, with a projected release around Christmas.

im assuming you havent turned on a tv in the last week to witness the massive ad campaign?
The massive ad campaign gives us no information as to what the phone is, where it is in production, or when it will be released. So no, it doesn't help at all.

Java, I really don't think the reason it's not been released yet is because of problems with the phone itself. HTC has already released several other phones through T-Mobile and AT&T that are pretty much the same exact thing(AT&T Inspire and T-Mobile My Touch 4G)that the Thunderbolt is. I don't see any problems with those phones, and they are out now for sale. Other than Skype not being ready as it's been said, I can't think of any reason other than Verizon wanting to get in one more weekend push of selling iphones. That's what I'm thinking is the real story, no matter what they want you to think. Cause really, once the Thunderbolt comes out, it's going to crush the iphone. With all the hype surrounding it and it being the first 4G phone for Verizon and being Verizons EVO, it's gonna have a ton of interest.
Then I don't see why a release date wouldn't be given.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I think the Thunderbolt smokes the Evo. Evo is pretty nice though as well. Htc seems like they want to put out a good product that really competes with apple. The shape is even similar to iphone 3 but idk. Just an observation. Release date?

sent from stock dx

sansavi

Reaction score

VerizonWireless: We got the iPhone! Come buy it!
Average Consumer: Oh snaps yo, thats the best phone on VZW now!
VerizonWireless: Well...there's the Thunderbolt on (insert date).
Average Consumer: What's that?
VerizonWireless: Well its a bigger screen, faster network, android OS, and its customizable!
Average Consumer: Oh, well I'll just wait for that then!
VerizonWireless: Oh...Yeah..Good idea.

Now how well do you think that would go over? The phones have been shipped. It's Big Red's call now.

Effington

Reaction score
Effington and Smokie don't make me come over there!! : )

It's all good guys just enjoy the thread and have fun. I don't want hook to break out his Bald Eagle that he has trained to peck the eyes out of people and then have hdtv film it and post it all over youtube. It's just not worth it...

In all seriousness guys just discuss the phone and don't fight among eachother....I want to relax and watch some Oprah without interruption lol.

Ok back to the TB and everyone loving eachother : ) see you later ladies and gentlemen don't make me come back here with Bald Eagles and HiDef cams

Finally, a little common sense - I was worried this place was a humorless black hole of authoritarian chaos!

Thanks cereal, we really do just want to discuss the phone - and we want to do it in a civil way. As far as I can tell, we're all mainly guilty of beating a dead horse!

But, I definitely don't want to feel the wrath of hookbill's bald eagle, so I won't say another word about the wonderful job our hardworking moderators are doing at keeping this place the most awesomest on the interwebs.

Thanks guys :woot:

And now... we dance:
:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid
:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ rocker::icon_ rocker::icon_ rocker:
:yeahbaby01::yeahbaby01::yeahbaby01:

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it amost certainly wont be released tomorrow. Verizon has never released anything with out giving an official date beforehand, and there isnt any reason to start now. They would want to hype up their first 4g phone as much as possible, but they cant really start until the Iphone people get past that 14 day window, they didnt change it from 30 days for no reason. I think, now, the best we can hope for is for them to announce tomorrow that it will come out on the 28th.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Effington

Reaction score
VerizonWireless: Well its a bigger screen, faster network, android OS, and its customizable!

Now how well do you think that would go over? The phones have been shipped. It's Big Red's call now.

That's how it SHOULD be - now here's how that conversation would really go:

Average Consumer: Is it an iPhone?
VerizonWireless: Uh, no, it's an Android and it's made by HTC
Average Consumer: You shot who in the what now?
VerizonWireless: It runs Android - a lot of people think it's better.
Average Consumer: Yeah, all of my friends have iPhones though - I think the nerdy guy who lives in his mom's basement and fixes our computer has on of those droidy things
VerizonWireless: So... come get the iPhone!
Average Consumer: OK!

leonozug

Reaction score

That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say sansavi. Took the words right outta my mouth. The iphone is the reason it's being pushed back. No doubt. After this weekend, it's gonna be all Thunderbolt, until the next hot phone comes out...lol

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Was in BB today Inquiring about the Xoom and tomorrow's release and he stated about tomorrow being a busy day because 3 huge phones were being released. One of which he mentioned was the TB. I didn't ask about the othets. So take it for what its worth.

Java

Reaction score

You're acting like VZW would go out of their way to tell the average customer that a new, better phone is coming out.
In reality, VZW wants you to buy whatever makes them the most money. The people buying the iPhone are people switching over from other networks and really only want the iPhone on a reliable network. Even if VZW gave us a release date, they would not be losing iPhone sales, and even if they did those people would still be switching networks, just to a different phone. That's all they care about in the first place. Contracts make them money, not the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.