When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjforte

Reaction score
My Best Buy that I preordered from just called to tell me that the phone is NOT coming tomorrow. They said they really don't know when and it could be pushed back into March. I asked if I could still get the free buyback still since i 've had it preordered since 2/12 and they said no. They said we can't take money of the buyback price but maybe can give you a % off an accessory. This is BS.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jr313

Reaction score
Ive bn really quiet about it not complaining but im actually P***D!! Not at anyone in particular but that i wont have my phone tomarrow!

U hear me knockn? Let me in!

miss chris

Reaction score
My Best Buy that I preordered from just called to tell me that the phone is NOT coming tomorrow. They said they really don't know when and it could be pushed back into March. I asked if I could still get the free buyback still since i 've had it preordered since 2/12 and they said no. They said we can't take money of the buyback price but maybe can give you a % off an accessory. This is BS.

I went straight to the store manager and expressed my disappointment over this whole debacle. He has promised me a gift card to cover the cost of the buy back program, Try barking higher up the chain of command and you may have more luck.

sansavi

Reaction score

I went straight to the store manager and expressed my disappointment over this whole debacle. He has promised me a gift card to cover the cost of the buy back program, Try barking higher up the chain of command and you may have more luck.

talked to a rep in Princeton just now. says theyre calling people tonight about not coming in tomorrow. getting a shipment 2-25 and are going to be selling 2-28. vzw was hazy, but stated the launch should be "in the next week"

Munstir

Reaction score
I'm going to be really upset if I get a call saying it's being pushed back. I try not to follow rumors but when best buy starts pre-orders and then tells me in store that they will have it the 14th only for that to get delayed. If they call and say it's delayed I'm going to go off and especially for putting money down on a stupid gift card.

I've had an upgrade available since September and the first week of march is when my chance to use my new every 2 is up. Plus my phone's screen broke Feb 4th which is why I pre-ordered the phone. I've basically almost gone a month without a phone and am using email for everything including calls.

I'm even seeing 2 different ad's for it almost every hour now on t.v.

electric6

Reaction score
I have a feeling the whole best buy confusion was holding up the release. This is for corporate stores: you walk in, order your thunderbolt, and they ship it to you. I dont know how best buy's situation works, but if you can order it from big red brick and mortar stores tomorrow, then best buy may have been shafted by vzw somehow, as in they may get it later.

ZoneBlitz44

Reaction score
I have a feeling the whole best buy confusion was holding up the release. This is for corporate stores: you walk in, order your thunderbolt, and they ship it to you. I dont know how best buy's situation works, but if you can order it from big red brick and mortar stores tomorrow, then best buy may have been shafted by vzw somehow, as in they may get it later.

If Best Buy gets the Thunderbolt after it is released by Verizon, that will open a whole new can of worms and it will not be good for them.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt release date is like a dark cloud looming over us

sent from stock dx

viper1549

Reaction score
I have a feeling this thread is going to close too. Like I said if anyone has a problem with what I did, pm me. If it's brought up here one more time, I'll give you an infraction. And close the thread as well.

:icon_ peace:

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I called VZW and I asked about the release of the TB and there is no scheduled release date and when I mentioned BB taking pre-sale orders, the rep stated they were NOT authorized to do so since the phone is not slated for official release.

Madcatzfight

Reaction score
Does this whole TB deal remind you of anything?.... Oh Yeah...
duke-nukem-forever-%20Logo610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.