When is LTE going live in your area?

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Thanks, the update does provide a way to toggle now under mobile options, is that doing same as a toggle app, I keep plugged in at desk all day so battery drain no real concern, I will try sim card pull, thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidStang, where is the way to toggle you mentioned?
PS nice car.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
4G appeared...

Hi all, I had 4G for several mins. in Greencastle, PA just a few minutes ago. I may have said earlier that Hagerstown, MD was to get 4G at about the end of July. If, in fact 4G is about to be turned on here, what sequence of events can I expect? dancedroid

PS Hagerstown is 8 air miles from Greencastle...

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if VZW could beef up coverage in existing markets, but I can surely understand wanting to get the initial roll-out to cover as wide an area/cover as many markets as possible first.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Had 4G again for a while yesterday, VZW store employee said that likely means testing before being turned on permanent.

RGRgoddess

Reaction score
I'm a little taken back that Columbus Georgia doesn't have it when we are the second biggest city in georgia, but 3 little cities are getting it this year..... And when I put my address in and it says nothing lol gotta love the reasoning behind that

ronimous

Reaction score
A rep at the local Verizon store said September 15th for Springfield IL. Anxiously awaiting...time will tell...

Droid101

Reaction score
4g up and running great in Albany/Saratoga, NY

Saratoga is the only official one till the 18th right now Albany is a bit spotty with where you can get it. I had it in Amsterdam for a day not too long ago so it appears itll reach all the way out here:icon_ banana:

bigddyz

Reaction score
Bakersfield ca must be testing or is unofficially up with 4g my thunderbolt bas had it all day

jaysnyder75

Reaction score
WOW, pretty bad when small towns like Saratoga Spring and Amsterdam get 4G before Buffalo. I thought verizon said that the NFL market areas were going to be among the first to get 4G. I mean sure the Bills are terrible but they are still an NFL team

N4UPD

Reaction score
Is there anyone who can answer this question? On Verizon's website there is a coming soon list of cities to get 4g in 2011. Birmingham,AL is on that list but Birmingham is not on the 145 city list and Birmingham is the only city on the coming soon list that is not on the 145 city list so what is up with Birmingham ?Will they get it in 2011 or not? I ahve tweeted Verizon and no reply so was hoping if anyone who is associated with verizon could tell me why Birmingham was left out of the 145 city list ?