When is LTE going live in your area?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Here we go. Switched to the DC server:

68821541.png

EvilJ

Reaction score
Isn't changing the server just changing the distance for the pings?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
This is DC server

Test Date: Jul 19, 2011 4:25:49 am Connection Type: Lte Server: Washington, DC Download: 25.22 Mbps Upload: 3.51 Mbps Ping: 136 ms External IP: 166.248.65.65 Internal IP: 10.160.242.189 Latitude: 35.65022 Longitude: -78.47723

Sent from my ADR6400L using
DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
Well the ping although higher seems to provide the better result, which seems opposite from my everyday job! I network all day long and I'll be in a computer in south America pining at 90 ms, I move around in it just fine, then might go into one in Montana, pining at 1300 ms I might remote in but I'm all hung up, I realize not where the computer is at, but where server is but they might be sitting next to each other, switches could be changing things, but better times in Clayton, vs Raleigh.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
4G for me...

The closest for me is the city called Hagerstown, MD. It may be getting 4G soon, by the end of July, or some say, in August. The city is about 8 miles away, so I cannot tell if that affects my signal, personally I hope it does but reality says that I do not use Hagerstown's towers unless I am closer to that city.

One possible upside to where I live:
on the US map, our town has 3 or more current 4G major cities within about one hour's commute, Baltimore, Wash. D.C., Harrisburg, PA. I think Frederick, MD has 4G unless I am mistaken. If not, they will have it soon also. So, sooner or later, we will have 4G covering my "home" area. Sooner is of course better.:cool:

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
One thing strange is since got 4G is if switches to 3g it wants to stay there unless I reboot, anyone else seeing this? Or another work around?

crushalot

Reaction score
One thing strange is since got 4G is if switches to 3g it wants to stay there unless I reboot, anyone else seeing this? Or another work around?

Not sure what's going on with yours. I think you are unrooted stock so here are my suggestions:

-You could try to download a LTE radio tool like LTE On/Off that allows you toggle the radio type. You could try locking it on LTE only and switching it back and forth. I use it to toggle all the time now because 4G all day can kill my battery, so when I have Wifi I toggle down to 3G only.

-You could try to reset your radio provisioning. Do this by pulling the battery and pulling out the sim card and leaving it out for 20 minutes then re-installing and boot back up and it should re-provision your radio.

If nothing else try factory reset and then it would be time to head to a Verizon store to get a new phone.

Hope that helps.

Crush

DroidStang

Reaction score
Thanks, the update does provide a way to toggle now under mobile options, is that doing same as a toggle app, I keep plugged in at desk all day so battery drain no real concern, I will try sim card pull, thanks.

MadScientist

Reaction score
I think 4G is now live in wichita. I've had solid 4G signal for the last 24 hours on both my thunderbolts. But the speeds aren't very good yet per speedtest app. Only about 2.5 mbps down and the same for upload. Maybe it will improve when it's official tomorrow.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
right now right now sittin on 3g of typing this about 10 minutes after I pulled a sim card it get a reboot on its own so I hope that doesn't come back

DroidStang

Reaction score
Might see when switches , I listen to DI radio at work goes to 3g but turn off, 4G comes back, FM Radio stays on 4G though so do radio must switch it, ok enough worrying about this LOL

wbeetus

Reaction score
LTE has gone live in Toledo... Fairly underwhelming speed, however. I'm getting 2.5mbps down, and about 1mbps up.