1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] Verizon Rolling Out 4G LTE in Victoria, TX Ahead of Schedule?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here's an interesting rumor from one of our own forum members, g_what. From the speedtest you can see above, he now has 4G LTE service in Victoria, TX. What's interesting about this is that there haven't been any reports out of Verizon that LTE was rolled out in this area. Perhaps they are ahead of schedule or simply doing extensive testing in that area. We would like to hear from you guys if you have suddenly found LTE in your area just like g_what.

Of course, we will bring you more details as they emerge. Perhaps we will see an official announcement soon.
  2. EvilDragonX

EvilDragonX New Member

That happened with the city i live in. I happened to notice it around the end of May. But from i can see Verizon never announced it in our area, only the larger nearby cities.
  3. papapena25

papapena25 New Member

I live in Victoria and last week thursday I noticed I was on 4g. I did a speed test and it was very fast 37mb download and 18mb upload. I noticed the further I went into my sub division my signal was getting weaker and when I went in the house I lost 4g. I was a little upset that I was just out of range as I thought we had officially got 4g in Victoria. Also the 4g seems to be only on the north side of town. I went to the verizon store yesterday to look at that jawbone big jambox and asked about 4g. He said it's not officially out yet, they are doing testing right now. While in the testing phase the signal from the towers is at lower level, thats why its hard to get 4g in buildings and the coverage is only in a small area around the towers. When they officially release 4g the signal will be at its peak, so the whole town will be covered and we will have no problem picking it up in buildings. I can't wait for the official release!! I just wish verizon still had unlimited data!!!
  4. pdroid

pdroid New Member

I'm glad for the residents there but not sure why this merits a "front page" news story.
    1 person likes this.
  5. papapena25

papapena25 New Member

I was wondering the same thing.
  6. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

We posted it because we like to err on the side of "celebrating the little things." Plus, we thought it would be a great way to find out if anyone else experienced the same thing. Also, sometimes we just have slow news days, and want to share news from our members! ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. swc2001

swc2001 New Member

Thats the same way it happened to us in Hockley Tx. as well. Then it went all the way to Waller Tx. too.
    Neither of these were announced at the time.
    I certainly am not seeing 37Mbit download though. Highest ever was 22Mbit.
  8. astokes

astokes New Member

Im located in Bangor Maine and at certain parts of the city I can get LTE including my house :)
  9. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

What if we created these threads for every city or town that just received LTE?
  10. droidbionicmaster

droidbionicmaster New Member

I noticed they took off the new market part off vzw site
  11. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Then a lot more people in those markets would know a lot sooner!! :p
  12. N4UPD

N4UPD New Member

Will be interesting to see if Verizon gets 4g in all the 3g areas by the end of 2013. Still a long way to go. They may have coverage over a lot of the major cities and populated areas but geographicaly they have a long way to go to cover all of their 3g footprint.
  13. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Check out Verizon's news center, they always post an article whenever they liven up a new area with 4G.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/index.html