[Exclusive - Rumor] Verizon to Open Several New 4G LTE Markets June 16th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon4g-lte.jpg

Thanks to one of our amazing tipsters within the industry, we have very good reason to believe that Verizon will be rolling out 4G LTE to several new areas on June 16th. The info we have indicates the following markets and some of their surrounding areas will get the new rollout:
  • Sacrament/fresno, CA (and "Metropolitan" areas covering some outskirts)
  • Boise ID Metro area (to include Nampa, Caldwell, Garden city, eagle, etc..)
  • Salt Lake City Metro.
We will start keeping an eye out for an official announcement very soon from Verizon. People in these areas that were anxiously awaiting 4G can now begin preparations to rejoice... dancedroid

Thanks go out to our tipster!

zman6900

Reaction score
I hope they're active here. I was near Detroit a few days ago - Over 20 Mbps. :O I'm soo pumped. :D

zman6900

Reaction score
I was driving while I tested it, after seeing the results, I almost crashed my car. lol

n2imagination

Reaction score
Great! No 4G in Fresno until one damn day after the promo runs out. Thanks big V! What a bonus! 4G should be free for 60 days after being activated in the area you live in not from the time you buy the device. Oh well screwed by Verizon again.

coyote_5

Reaction score
We got 4G yesterday...two weeks earlier than expected. Getting 24Mbps most of the time. Even faster than my fiber connection at my house. Unreal!

That's exciting!! But utterly meaningless to anyone that is not you because we don't know where you are. :shrug:

thesandman00

Reaction score
It makes me wonder how long it will be before the LTE waves are oversaturated and slowed significantly once all these phones land.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It makes me wonder how long it will be before the LTE waves are oversaturated and slowed significantly once all these phones land.

VZW has stated 8-12mbps. However, I do wonder what sort of speeds you'll see in "extended" areas and areas where you have less than 100% signal strength. Still, I average about 700kbps on 3G (and sometimes an inconsistent signal yields less than half that) so anything over 3mbps would be a huge difference. I find, generally, 3mbps is more than sufficient for most web browsing, unless there's heavy flash and video content.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
I LOVE 4g. Its amazing. I'm just sad it wont be at my school (bloomsburg) I live about 30 miles outside NYC and I get 10-13mbps. Its amazing. Glad I got 4g before it gets over saturated so I can appreciate for a bit

Sent from my LG Revolution

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You get a weak 3G signal on a tablet it's not worth the money you pay for it. Talking dial-up type experience, and no one in their right mind would pay $30 for that.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I ran speedtest on Prattville,AL 4g and got between 5-6 MB download and between 3-4MB upload. Ran it on my LG Revolution.Lot better than 3g.Hope Birmingham gets it soon and Clanton will get the extended coverage.dancedroid

mkloharry

Reaction score
Had 4G the first time after midnight in the outline area of Milwaukee. Must be testing for the rollout on the 16th. Got over 7 mbps download. Hope it stays active.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums