Verizon Announces New LTE Markets Launching Soon

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
The can't force you into anything....3g contract is the same as 4g....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A guy in my office just bought a iphone because if he wanted a 4G android device he would have been forced from his unlimited data that he has had for like a decade. Would have been forced from unlimited data to get a current device even though he couldn't fully utilize it. No 4G in our area. If they are the same why do they modify your contract and strip grandfathered unlimited?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Kenny Bats said:
A guy in my office just bought a iphone because if he wanted a 4G android device he would have been forced from his unlimited data that he has had for like a decade. Would have been forced from unlimited data to get a current device even though he couldn't fully utilize it. No 4G in our area. If they are the same why do they modify your contract and strip grandfathered unlimited?

For the money from overages. Now why they told him what they did? Who knows. I would have tried a different store. I would never settle for an iCan't.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
In reading these threads the one thing I always found to be consistent is that VZ stores and reps are never consistent when it comes to service and knowledge about those services. That's why you'll always see someone saying try another store or another rep until you get the answer you want. There is no standard. You just have to find the right person in the right mood.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way these expansions are going I'm starting to think that I'm going to be the last person in the country to get 4g.

I can just about guarantee I'll be getting it after you lol.

Although I will be moving in August to a 4G market

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

They can't...You keep unlimited when you upgrade to 4g until the family share plans come...he got screwed
All the do is ADD a few things to your unlimited data plan when going from 3g to 4g even in a 3g only area...and those additions (no extra charge) are essentially just to show you will be able to use 4g in a 4g area with your current plan

I know because this is exactly what I did-upgraded to a 4g phone and unlimited data plan from a 3g phone and unlimited data and I'm in 3g area

I'd suggest he take it back and call BS on them...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
brad92 said:
I can just about guarantee I'll be getting it after you lol.

Although I will be moving in August to a 4G market

If 4g doesn't come to you, you go to 4g. That works.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're in Hermitage, you have to be close. Does New Castle have 4G now?

Oh I'm very close but it's not quite here...if I go about 2-3 miles east I get it, new castles is a little farther away
Heck the map even says I have 4g already but I don't, but I know my phone will pick up 4g if it's there, I have gotten it in Youngstown
Talk about frustrating...I have a poor 3g signal of only 1-.5 mbps and 4g is less then 5 miles away

Briankbl

Reaction score
It supposed to be June 21st.

I called the Verizon store on 23rd street. The rep told me the third week of June, so that sounds about right.

Briankbl

Reaction score
It has been on for over 2 hours this morning!!! DancingNexus :biggrin: DancingNexus

Yeah, but unfortunately it just turned off lol. Maybe more testing taking place before the official launch next week.

Edit: Back up again :)

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Of course, nothing for Maine. Verizon reps were told to tell customers around here that March was the date. It's now June and we've got nothing. I figured once U.S. Cellular covered the state with their LTE service, Verizon would come sweeping in quickly, but apparently not.