Verizon Announces New LTE Markets Launching Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-4g-lte-coverage-march-2012.png

On June 21st, Verizon will expand their 4G LTE network to several new places. According to their report, fully 2/3rds of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE. Here's a list of some of the new areas:
  • Sharon, PA
  • Bedford, PA
  • Burlington, NC
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • New Bern, NC
  • Gillette, WY
Verizon also plans future additional expansions in a few already existing markets:
  • In North Carolina the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill area
  • Areas of Colorado including Boulder and Ft. Collins areas
  • The vicinity of Indiana, PA
  • Portions of Florida including Panama City and Palm Beach

Briankbl

Reaction score
Panama City, FL...finally!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

starwolf1336

Reaction score
Ugh, my first base is in Alaska. Why is there no 4g in Alaska????????

Sent from my DROID RAZR

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Too far away??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The way these expansions are going I'm starting to think that I'm going to be the last person in the country to get 4g.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

tommyz

Reaction score
Is it me or are these announcements getting old. Do we really need to make a big deal out of every little city and suburb that gets 4G LTE. Isn't it kind of becoming the norm for service?

SCV_Motown

Reaction score
I'm in northern LA county (Lancaster/Palmdale/Santa Clarita) population 479,000, which still has no 4G. But Enterprise, AL with a population 25K has 4G. I might more smart phones in my subdivision than in the entire town. The Verizon announcements are useless..

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
verizon-4g-lte-coverage-march-2012.png

On June 21st, Verizon will expand their 4G LTE network to several new places. According to their report, fully 2/3rds of the U.S. population is now covered by 4G LTE. Here's a list of some of the new areas:
  • Sharon, PA
  • Bedford, PA
  • Burlington, NC
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • New Bern, NC
  • Gillette, WY
Verizon also plans future additional expansions in a few already existing markets:
  • In North Carolina the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill area
  • Areas of Colorado including Boulder and Ft. Collins areas
  • The vicinity of Indiana, PA
  • Portions of Florida including Panama City and Palm Beach

FINALLY...I got all excited for the one last month for expanding coverage in the Youngstown/Warren area and new castle area thinking it would include me but apparently it didn't (the expanded Youngstown area is about 2-3 miles away and the coverage map even says I'm in 4g but I know I'm not!!! :confused::eek: I know I tested where I could pick it up lol)
And now they announce they actually officially announce Sharon where I live

Thank you Verizon :D

Krenzy

Reaction score
Its not listed but Mankato, MN got 4G yesterday. About 7:30 pm I was on my phone when signal disappeared, and since its a RAZR I figured it was normal. 20 seconds later 4G LTE was in the corner. Awesome!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its not listed but Mankato, MN got 4G yesterday. About 7:30 pm I was on my phone when signal disappeared, and since its a RAZR I figured it was normal. 20 seconds later 4G LTE was in the corner. Awesome!

Kewl, Congrats and enjoy

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FINALLY...I got all excited for the one last month for expanding coverage in the Youngstown/Warren area and new castle area thinking it would include me but apparently it didn't (the expanded Youngstown area is about 2-3 miles away and the coverage map even says I'm in 4g but I know I'm not!!! :confused::eek: I know I tested where I could pick it up lol)
And now they announce they actually officially announce Sharon where I live

Thank you Verizon :D
If you're in Hermitage, you have to be close. Does New Castle have 4G now?

cdm369

Reaction score
tommyz said:
Is it me or are these announcements getting old. Do we really need to make a big deal out of every little city and suburb that gets 4G LTE. Isn't it kind of becoming the norm for service?

They can announce this but have no idea about software updates? Wow...

Kenny Bats

Reaction score

Exactly. I wish verizon would stop advertising 4G service in my area if they can't back it up. Every other commercial is "Nation's largest and most reliable 4G network." Its BS when my capital city can't get reliable 4G coverage but corn fields and highways are lit up in the middle of nowhere. They are sure as hell going to force their customers in to new 4G contracts without actually providing them 4G service.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Exactly. I wish verizon would stop advertising 4G service in my area if they can't back it up. Every other commercial is "Nation's largest and most reliable 4G network." Its BS when my capital city can't get reliable 4G coverage but corn fields and highways are lit up in the middle of nowhere. They are sure as hell going to force their customers in to new 4G contracts without actually providing them 4G service.

The can't force you into anything....3g contract is the same as 4g....