What's your opinion about BEATS?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hey all. I posted this because it seem that many people are either all for Beats or totally against Beats. I for one am a bit of an audiophile and I already had Beats headphones. The difference in sound is very noticeable when using and not using the BEATS powered music player. Regardless with beats headphones you will get good sounds period.

What I don't get is why people are assuming that you are actually paying full price for Beats headphones and Beats technology? When you look at the price of the phone, it's damn near equivalent to the other top tier 4G phones out there. Yet, some people don't want to buy it simply because it has beats on it. I think that is some people might be on some revolting type "I ain't gonna let them swindle me!" stuff. When, you subtract the headphones and the beats technology, isn't the phone still a great phone at the end of the day? Does it not give you the dependability that one needs in order to operate (other than low battery life, but it's 4G, so this isn't a surprise) In my opinion, the Beats stuff is just a kicker. More of a thank you for sticking with HTC type of thing. The price isn't much different than the other phones in it's class, so....what do you think? Be honest? Oh, and please try not to troll to much.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was all in on the Rezound and didn't even care about beats. After using the earbuds with beats on I was impressed, I love it. Good sound, comfortable feel all included and with a touch of the screen. :icon_ lala:

I know its arguable that the same effect can be achieved with an equalizer from the market but isn't it nicer to have it be included and running perfectly right from the start. So in the end I'm all for beats, and the rezound. Loving my unrooted, locked up Rezound as is right out of the box.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I haven't even heard the beats technology as I have no music on my phone. I see every other high end 4g phone marked at $300 with contract. So to me, the headphones were like a freebie.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thank you. That's all I'm saying. Beats shouldn't be the deciding factor. But it is a good extra.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Fastbird

Reaction score
The headphones are nice, but the audio tuning leaves a high pitched whine I can hear that I'm less than impressed with. Beats was NOT my deciding factor. Hardware was, so the headphones were just a perk.

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Do you think that you might have a more sensitive ear than most? Or that you have one of the few defective Rezound phones? Have you tried another rezound to see if it made a difference?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My opinion....Beats is nice but is pretty useless since I don't want to use the stock music player. I'd be more impressed with a Beats enhanced version of Google Music/Winamp/PowerAmp. And of course since they didn't include a Beats enhanced video player, add that to the list as well.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's a gimmick, but a good one. Sound is nice, convenience is nice (as mentioned above). Once other apps open up to take advantage of it, that will be awesome.

Hardware-wise the Rezound is at or above every phone on the market, so I'm not sure why people think Beats is adding much (if anything) to the cost.

RecklessFable

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to test the Beats software. But I am not a fan of the beats sound for their headphones.

The main reason I dropped the Rebound from my list was between the beats and Sense enhancements, I worry about future support.

I also really like the thinness of the Razr... and Motocast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
The device is all around a solid device. I wonder how soon the other apps will be able to partake in the Beats tech. I don't think power amp will give into this as they have a highly tweakable DSP already. Google Music could benefit from this.

Oh, thanks for the advice jntdroid. I tried out that google music thing, not too shabby. Doesn't take up that much data. I streamed 30 minutes for of data this morning and it only used up .037 of my data. SO I was actually a bit impressed. I don't know if I was easily impressed in that sense. Now I can listen to all my stuff and sync libraries no matter what pc or mac I download from.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to test the Beats software. But I am not a fan of the beats sound for their headphones.

The main reason I dropped the Rebound from my list was between the beats and Sense enhancements, I worry about future support.

Thats fine and dandy, but nobody asked about the RAZR. sorry. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Lol.

Why are you around the rezound threads any how? Aren't you supposed to be loving the RAZR sharpness in the RAZR section? (I say this in a joking "sense" so don't mind me.)

And you should be worried about the present and future support of the RAZR my friend. I heard/witnessed their issues. But that's another discussion.

mikeinctown

Reaction score

The thinness of the razr is what turned me away. Felt way too weird in my hand and the non removable battery sealed the deal. Between the two, I think I chose well. May trade for the nexus depending on what I see in the next few weeks. I don't like all the crap on this HTC. I liked my OG better.

As far as beats and support, they have added it to at least a few phones from what I have seen, and I would imagine future phones will also have it. Thats a potential for millions of phones with branded hardware and a potential for millions of new customers. Imagine your music player being the first aftermarket one with beats support??? That would get mega downloads.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Beats is completely overrated. Dr Dre puts his name on, people buy it because of that. All it is, is a "bass boost" profile, because guys into rap and hip hop tend to have stupid powerful subwoofers in their cars to impress people, even if the overall sound quality is unbalanced and sounds like crap.

You have more control and better sound on a phone like the Razr, which has all sorts of presents and sound fields that you can apply to tailor the sound to your liking.

It doesn't sound bad, but there is nothing great about simply turning bass boost on or off. It's a marketing gimick, and while it sounds decent, it isn't any better than most other phones and certainly not a real reason to buy the phone.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Beats is completely overrated. Dr Dre puts his name on, people buy it because of that. All it is, is a "bass boost" profile, because guys into rap and hip hop tend to have stupid powerful subwoofers in their cars to impress people, even if the overall sound quality is unbalanced and sounds like crap.

You have more control and better sound on a phone like the Razr, which has all sorts of presents and sound fields that you can apply to tailor the sound to your liking.

It doesn't sound bad, but there is nothing great about simply turning bass boost on or off. It's a marketing gimick, and while it sounds decent, it isn't any better than most other phones and certainly not a real reason to buy the phone.

I like how this thread turned into a Rezound vs RAZR thread when the OP never even said anything about it.

Buying the phone off of a sound profile is dumb, and if a person does by it because of that then shame on them. And the RAZR is no different than the Rezound in the sense that you can tweak the sound to your liking. Hello....all you have to do is get Power amp or something. And if you say the Beats headphones are garbage, then you have got to be biased in any sort. Those headphones are better than your standard headphone that you get with any phone in general. They are decent in the above normal class of earbuds. How many droid phones get a better than average set of earbuds for free? Most people would never by the beats earbuds, but since they come with the phone AT NO EXTRA COST the beats brand might actually be doing itself some just when and if the earbuds that come with the rezound get damaged or lost. Those same people who never used them before just MIGHT purchase another set of beats head phone.

You can say the beats brand on the phone is a gimmick to a degree. The phone is still on par with the RAZR at a very close cost. What kind of earbuds to you get with the RAZR?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how this thread turned into a Rezound vs RAZR thread when the OP never even said anything about it.

Buying the phone off of a sound profile is dumb, and if a person does by it because of that then shame on them. And the RAZR is no different than the Rezound in the sense that you can tweak the sound to your liking. Hello....all you have to do is get Power amp or something. And if you say the Beats headphones are garbage, then you have got to be biased in any sort. Those headphones are better than your standard headphone that you get with any phone in general. They are decent in the above normal class of earbuds. How many droid phones get a better than average set of earbuds for free? Most people would never by the beats earbuds, but since they come with the phone AT NO EXTRA COST the beats brand might actually be doing itself some just when and if the earbuds that come with the rezound get damaged or lost. Those same people who never used them before just MIGHT purchase another set of beats head phone.

You can say the beats brand on the phone is a gimmick to a degree. The phone is still on par with the RAZR at a very close cost. What kind of earbuds to you get with the RAZR?

It is a gimick. The headphones are nice for for comes with a phone, I grant you. But making a huge deal and putting commercials on TV hyping up Beats, when all it is is a slight bass boost, just doesn't impress me.

I compare it to a Razr because until the Nexus hits the streets, the Razr is the only real competition for the Rezound, and the Razr has more sound shaping built in than Beats, which is just On or Off.

To me it is very limited compared to what you can get, either from the Market as you said, or what comes standard in other flagship phones, like the Razr.