Beats only works with a certain program?

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Ive been considering purchasing a ReZound after chatting with a few people who love theirs, after reading reviews though im second guessing it. First complaint im reading is about the Beats. Ive read that it only works with HTCs player, ad does not work with any other apps, including if you have your own favorite media player, and that it actually sounds worse than a normal phone when you cant use the beats technology.

Another question I have is about size, i believe I will go to the store and check one out in person to compare to my X, not sure if im better off buying from a store or online though, I would assume its the same price either way.

Battery life: Im reading the battery life is pretty bad, how much larger does the extended battery make the phone?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You're correct. Beats as of right now only works with the HTC music player. HTC released the beats libraries recently so 3rd party developers can include it in their apps. So it should start showing up supported in other apps soon enough. To the standard battery, yeah it's pretty crap...I have the extended battery and it makes the phone about a solid inch thick. As a former DX owner I almost miss the thin-ness off the phone but the Rezound is crazy fast and beats or no beats, it beats the hell out of the competition. As to where to buy...your choice but I would usually say go to the store and play with one first.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
So if you were doing it all over again would you still buy the ReZound, or would you go for the Razr or Nexus?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my choice. The Razr felt like a POS and the non-removable battery killed that for me. The GN refused to be sold...so I refused to buy it. So I'm good with the Rezound hands down.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
What do you mean the GN refused to be sold? The thing that worries me about GN is they claim its all google now and all of this, but usually with new things like that, there are issues!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean the GN refused to be sold? The thing that worries me about GN is they claim its all google now and all of this, but usually with new things like that, there are issues!

I mean I live in the US and Verizon didn't feel like announcing when the phone was coming out. So I chose to not wait, and I think I wound up with the better end of that deal. I should've grabbed the Rezound anyway, because every Android launch device suffers for its greatness. The G1, The OG Droid, Logitech Revue, The Xoom, and coming soon, the Galaxy Nexus.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Even with the beats tech not working on other apps, the ear buds are still pretty good and you can get some programs that will let you tweak the sound setting intricately. Some people arent into that so I can see why that would bother them, but honestly, the HTC player isn't half bad. Missing a few things, but it gets the job done. listen to music, create playlists, search function, add album art, buy music, etc. But it ain't as flashy.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with the beats tech not working on other apps, the ear buds are still pretty good and you can get some programs that will let you tweak the sound setting intricately. Some people arent into that so I can see why that would bother them, but honestly, the HTC player isn't half bad. Missing a few things, but it gets the job done. listen to music, create playlists, search function, add album art, buy music, etc. But it ain't as flashy.

Sorry but I fell in love with Google Music during the last few weeks with my DX. I'm sticking with Google Music and the extra crackling and crap in the HTC music player can stay there hahaha.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Haha. The only crackling I heard was from pressing forward or backward from song to song. I plan on trying it soon though. I hear good things about it.
It being Google music.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
but google music doesnt work with beats technology yet? :-(

cp24eva

Reaction score
Some people don't care about those things. But I like the rich sound I get from using it. I've owned beats headphones. Good stuff. But they are more for people that like thick punchy bass.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Google Music doesn't support beats yet but I'm sure it will one day. Also the free cloud support ads immediate value.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
cloud support?

You upload your music from any computer and Google Music stores it in the cloud, you can stream it to any device AAAND, keep a local copy on your phone if you so choose. Google music has instant mixes that compare songs a la Pandora. And it's a pretty slick app. Check it out if you have time.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
You upload your music from any computer and Google Music stores it in the cloud, you can stream it to any device AAAND, keep a local copy on your phone if you so choose. Google music has instant mixes that compare songs a la Pandora. And it's a pretty slick app. Check it out if you have time.

Is there any word of google working to be compatible with the beats technology though now that they released it to 3rd parties?