Two Things

hoboX10

Reaction score
I love this phone. It's amazing. But there are two small problems.

1. The headphones have that crappy cable that actually transmits sound through it when it is touched/rubbed against.

2. The speaker is noticeably AWFUL.

Now the headphone thing can't really be changed, but there is hope for the speaker. Does anyone think there could be a way to have the Beats Audio enabled for ALL sounds other than only when headphones are in and used for the Music app?

Edit: Oh and another thing... why can't I register this phone on htcsense.com? Do they normally take some time to add new phones, because it's not in the list.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I love this phone. It's amazing. But there are two small problems.

1. The headphones have that crappy cable that actually transmits sound through it when it is touched/rubbed against.

2. The speaker is noticeably AWFUL.

Now the headphone thing can't really be changed, but there is hope for the speaker. Does anyone think there could be a way to have the Beats Audio enabled for ALL sounds other than only when headphones are in and used for the Music app?

Edit: Oh and another thing... why can't I register this phone on htcsense.com? Do they normally take some time to add new phones, because it's not in the list.

If you look in the plastic bag that came in the Beats pouch you should find a plastic clip. You hook that to the cable of the Beats, than clip it to your shirt once you have the buds in. That will really cut down on the transmission of noise into your ears by the cable moving around. BTW, that's called "microphonics". just thought you'd like to know.

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
If you look in the plastic bag that came in the Beats pouch you should find a plastic clip. You hook that to the cable of the Beats, than clip it to your shirt once you have the buds in. That will really cut down on the transmission of noise into your ears by the cable moving around. BTW, that's called "microphonics". just thought you'd like to know.
No, some types of cablings do not transmit external sound or friction through its cables. This is the kind that does.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
No, some types of cablings do not transmit external sound or friction through its cables. This is the kind that does.

No.

All cables transmit at least some external sound. The laws of physics are laws, they are not guidelines...

The clip will cut down this transmission a lot.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The amount of noise transmitted normally depends on 2 things. The type of cable insulation and the amount of external noise that the buds block. The more external noise that is blocked the more you will notice the cable microphonics. Some of the worst are the top line Etymotic, but they block a lot of external noise and are my favorite earphones among the several pair that I have. Use the clip that came with them.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
The amount of noise transmitted normally depends on 2 things. The type of cable insulation and the amount of external noise that the buds block. The more external noise that is blocked the more you will notice the cable microphonics. Some of the worst are the top line Etymotic, but they block a lot of external noise and are my favorite earphones among the several pair that I have. Use the clip that came with them.

I love my Etymotics also!

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
No.

All cables transmit at least some external sound. The laws of physics are laws, they are not guidelines...

The clip will cut down this transmission a lot.
Any decent quality headphones can cut the transmission down to practically zero. After hearing how bad these iBeats were I got all of my old headphones and headsets, including the pair I use every single day, and plugged them in and flicked, scratched, and tugged the cables to see if any of them transmitted like the iBeats do.

Of course, none of them did, not even a tiny bit.

luckybadback

Reaction score
Sorry but couldn't not say that all wires will be subject to interference the main factor to protecting the integrity of the data being transmitted is the type if insulation that protects the wires from both outside interference and damage to the wire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums