3 Best things about the Rezound

Ragtop99

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of my Blackberry. I use the phone for work and a quality voice call is important and a decent speakerphone is useful too. Next most important is full sync with Exchange server and a good searchable e-mail. I probably will not root the phone, so solutions that make the sound better but involve rooting aren't a good option. I am interested in the RAZR as it by most accounts works well as a phone and the screen looks sharp to my eyes. My son has the GNex and it's very impressive, but the voice quality was a step down from Blackberry. It didn't sound on the listening end as good as my BB, and it didn't transmit as clean a voice signal to the recipient as my BB does, so I'm thinking it is out of the race.

I'm going to check out the Rezound when I'm at Verizon. I've read the screen is impressive so I'll check that out. Beats audio is not anything special to me and I have decent headphones, so that is a non-factor in decision. What other features make the Rezound special to you? Any things you suggest that I check out on the Rezound when I'm in the store?

emarietta

Reaction score
Camera and camcorder are amazing. Fast and super clear

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Call clarity is great. Battery life is fine, better than my Droid2. Well made, as I am skeptical of the durability of the ultra-thin, ultra-wide Razr and ultra-long, curved Nexus.

cp24eva

Reaction score
In a phone most of all we would like it to most of all...make calls. With that said:

Great call clarity
great reception in some places you wouldn't think of.
And the camera/camcorder quality

Video chatting with this phone is nice. People say my videos come in clear all the time.

There are alot of good feature about the phone. I think you'd be better off asking about the WORST features of the phone because there are just too many good things.

e-mail - doesn't update/sync like it should as often as it should. I mean, it's not horribly late, but there is like a 5 minute gap. EASILY FIXED by download K-9. Worked great for me. I get e-mails in real time.

audio equalizer - Beats tech is nice, but there is only two settings (On/off) If you like punch thumping bass, then beats tech is for you, but you only get to use it with the native music app. There are other programs like Power Amp (there is a power amp 2 out now) that can fix that.

In my opinions those are the best and worst features of the phone. The worst features of the phone are by far not horrible. Check out other phone forums and see their issues. Rezounds don't have many of those. People have their problems, but it's usually because they got a dud of a phone. They get replacements (or two) and the problems are solved. There aren't wide spread issues with rezounds. Other phone had issues with reception and reboots which were wide spread for the most part.

I'd say try it out for 7 days, if you don't like it go Gnex. I'd say no to a RAZR though, but thats just because I don't like the feel of the phone. It's like a freakin kindle fire instead of a phone. lol. And Moto has been pretty bad with OS bugs lately. Had a droid 3 and bionic, returned both.

But don't take my word for it. I'm only a happy customer.

Volkaru

Reaction score
The call clarity is nice, has a special mic on the side that helps with noise reduction, the specs of the device are very nice, well enough to make it a decent contender even a year down the line, it also supposed 4G/3G + Voice, which if the tower you're near supports it, it lets you surf and talk at the same time, which isn't something you can normally do on verizon phones. Everything I've tried throwing at this phone it just powers through, has the best reception out of all the top verizon phones right now (I, luckily, have friends who all have the devices, so we were able to compare service and call clarity in multiple locations from Oregon City, to Portland, in every instance we all agreed that my rezound was the most stable and clear.)
The camera is really nice, almost too nice. I had a decent face pic I took, I almost wanted to edit it because it was so clear, when zoomed in you could see the very tiny bits of dry skin around my lips.
The screen is also amazing, I have multiple converted blu-ray movies on my SD card, when watching them the video looks just as nice as on my 1600x900 laptop, and my 1080p HDTV, on the small screen, no loss in detail.

The beats audio software is a nice touch, for the supported headphone models, the software has pre-set equalizers that are designed to help with any shortcomings the headphones might have on their own (The included iBeats have trouble with very deep bass on their own, using the software algorithm the headphones instantly sound richer, quality-wise. Though they aren't going to of course be the best headphones ever, but they're decent, especially for a pair bundled with a phone.)

Hope this little quick insight into the phone has helped!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Camera is great, reception is awesome, call quality is awesome, screen is beautiful, perfect form factor (IMHO), Sense 3.0 is clean, fast, and very functional...

I know that's more than three, but all in all this phone is pretty solid, you won't be disappointed, especially coming from a BlackBerry.

edwinm

Reaction score
Call clarity is the best on any smartphone I have ever used. Unlocking the bootloader would be #2 for me. Also, for a 4g phone, the battery life is way better than expected and probably the best of the bunch considering the battery is only 1630 mAH. It won't live up to the battery on a BB but honestly, that is probably the only thing BB has over anything.