What's your opinion about BEATS?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Gimmick, schmick! It is still an awesome phone, with dual 1.5 ghz processors.

Sent from my Samsung Charge

EVSP

Reaction score
It's pretty sweet but I don't listen to music other than in my car so the earphones weren't a deciding factor when getting this phone. I do like that when I plug in the phone to my AUX jack in the car, the Beats Audio launches and makes the car stereo sound a little sweeter.. so I technically didn't need the earphones to use the Beats Audio.. they are nice, though.
I tried using Google Music to stream my audio but when I used it in my car, I got this weird whiney noise when the phone was close to radio... Almost like some sort of feedback.... Only does it if I use the streaming feature... So that went by the wayside fast. Ok, that's as far as ill derail the topic lol...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
DSP Manager > beats. Enough said. Probably will never buy an HTC device because of this Beats gimmick. It's all about bass quantity these days, not build quality and tonal balance.

Fyi, any audiophile avoids beats like the plague. I can name you at least 5 alternatives to beats at the same price range that outperform anything they have to offer.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
No offense, but talking about audiophile stuff on a damn phone is funny as hell, especially since its all digital anyway.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

Taegost

Reaction score
I'm less then impressed with Beats, only because I've never used it. It wasn't a deciding factor in the purchase (although it does make all my friends jealous). I exclusively play Pandora through bluetooth on my phone, so I get nothing out of having Beats built in. The only music I have on my phone is what I've chopped up to use as ringtones, and I don't plan on putting any on there when I can just use Pandora and fire up whatever station I'm in the mood for, instead of carting around 30G of music, most of which I won't listen to.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
DSP Manager > beats. Enough said. Probably will never buy an HTC device because of this Beats gimmick. It's all about bass quantity these days, not build quality and tonal balance.

Fyi, any audiophile avoids beats like the plague. I can name you at least 5 alternatives to beats at the same price range that outperform anything they have to offer.

Why would you pass on a great phone just because it has an added "gimmick" so to speak? What kills me is that so many people who have never owned let alone used beats headphones are so opposed to it. Not saying that you are one of these people, but there are plenty of people that wont use it because it has a Dre Beats signature. I have other opinions about that, but I'll keep that to myself. Point is, don't let your rebellion-ism drive you away on a good device. You aren't even really paying for that headphone or the technology. Take both away and it is still one of the best phones out there.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pass on it, and I am not saying that it sucks or anything. It does sound good, and it is nice to get a decent set of headphones with a phone. The Razr came with NOTHING.

But the question was asked what we thought about it, and the general consensus is that it is nice to get good headphones, but the Beats audio itself is just a marketing ploy. Adding a little bass to the music is nothing profound, and is nothing that cannot be done on any other phone either through built in apps or Market apps...

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I wouldn't pass on it, and I am not saying that it sucks or anything. It does sound good, and it is nice to get a decent set of headphones with a phone. The Razr came with NOTHING.

But the question was asked what we thought about it, and the general consensus is that it is nice to get good headphones, but the Beats audio itself is just a marketing ploy. Adding a little bass to the music is nothing profound, and is nothing that cannot be done on any other phone either through built in apps or Market apps...

True. I can understand and respect that answer. It is a marketing tool. Not sure if it actually is working or not, because I could careless. I just wanted a phone that worked like advertised. My bionic didn't quite live up to the task.

rickuski

Reaction score
I love the Beats. As someone who likes to zone out, listen to my tunes & focus on what I'm doing w/o distubing others, the beats are awesome. I had dsp manager & used power amp as well and they're both good...but getting a great set of earbuds with the beats profile built in for listening to my music while doing my thing is awesome.

Let me ask the audiophiles on here this: what kind of music do you think these things suck with (I listen to virtually everything)? How much additional money would I have to drop to get better than beats earbuds?

I think its crazy people would consider passing up a great phone with a great built in benefit for a phone who's great gimmick is how thin it is (horrible tactile feel for a phone imho).

To each their own, but for somebody who enjoys their music, I can't see not digging beats.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
And here is another thing. The headphones themselves, I don't like. They are too heavy and too long and are very tricky to get situated in my ear properly. You have to have them angled just right, or the bass doesn't sound deep. And they move out of place very easily because they are so heavy and bulky. So while they sound good when you get them "just right", they are also a PITA to keep there and I actually prefer my $30 Altec Lansing headphones I got from Best Buy for that reason.

I will put up with the Beats headphones at the gym because I can pause or fast forward through songs with the controls on the headphone without having to take the phone out of my pocket each time, or I will use them when on a conf call, but for anything else I use other headphones that fit my ear better and stay in place better...

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I listen to different things Mainly hip hop, but I listen to classical music and some rock. with classical music I definitely can tell what kind of Hall they were in. The you can hear some of the ambient effects better. And even in rock. The drums and snares are more punchy. Thicker. Trebles are ok, but normally tweak in the DSP for that, but with the Beats tech, you wont get a chance to do that.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
And here is another thing. The headphones themselves, I don't like. They are too heavy and too long and are very tricky to get situated in my ear properly. You have to have them angled just right, or the bass doesn't sound deep. And they move out of place very easily because they are so heavy and bulky. So while they sound good when you get them "just right", they are also a PITA to keep there and I actually prefer my $30 Altec Lansing headphones I got from Best Buy for that reason.

I will put up with the Beats headphones at the gym because I can pause or fast forward through songs with the controls on the headphone without having to take the phone out of my pocket each time, or I will use them when on a conf call, but for anything else I use other headphones that fit my ear better and stay in place better...

I used to have this same issue, before i changed out for a triple flange earbud fitting. They stay in snug.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I've heard beats plenty of times. It's the overbearing and bleeding bass that bothers me. Besides that, I would probably jump on if it had the Souls sound sig which is slightly warm, dark, and soothing. Beats (well, the $300 ones)also has piercing treble, which hurts after a bit. Beats also have a lack of depth and height to their overall sound stage. I will make one concession though: the pros aren't half bad.

Just out of curiosity, what bitrate music do you guys use? I use flac, about 700-1500kbps bitrate. 30-60mb per song.

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score