What's your opinion about BEATS?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Still the Rezound is awesome with dual 1.5 GHz processors. TouchWiz 3 is stable enough and performs well. Beats is just a bonus.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still the Rezound is awesome with dual 1.5 GHz processors. TouchWiz 3 is stable enough and performs well. Beats is just a bonus.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

you mean Sense 3.5? :p

rasaun87

Reaction score
Yo beats is for hiphop or rap music preferably baby bass influenced music. If that's your majority style of music, then beats are for u. I have had three beats headphones and when I seen them on this I bout passed out. But this phone is beastly without them. It isn't a gimmick. It's truth. Even in the commercials, what was he listening to?

sent from the mothership named the VIGOR

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
beats is mostly hype.

spend whatever you would spend on a pair of beats headphones on something made by Westone or Ultimate Ears or Shure and you will get something better.

i am pretty positive my triple.fi 10's blow any beats headphones out of the water. no gimmicky equalizer effect needed.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
beats is mostly hype.

spend whatever you would spend on a pair of beats headphones on something made by Westone or Ultimate Ears or Shure and you will get something better.

i am pretty positive my triple.fi 10's blow any beats headphones out of the water. no gimmicky equalizer effect needed.

Those things cost as much as a pair of beats earbuds. And I'm sure they are close in comparison. But we are talking more about the beats technology. with many people earphone or earbuds are semi subjective. People crack me up with the "mine is better than yours" mentality. Is it because of the person that is behind the brand that has people either loving or hating the brand? I mean, would it help if it was a Bono endorsed brand or something? I've never heard of a person (not you) smack talking so much about another brand of headphones until the Dre beats brand. and they say the brand is for people that want to show off. The brands that you mentioned can be/are equally as expensive. I know, I've had my share or the trek for the ultimate sound.

And I don't speak for all Dre Beats headphones, some are not that great. But the ones I have are great. I don't eff around with mediocrity. Not saying other brands are mediocre either. Other brands are great as well. I just don't get that people say they totally suck for the price.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Those things cost as much as a pair of beats earbuds. And I'm sure they are close in comparison. But we are talking more about the beats technology. with many people earphone or earbuds are semi subjective. People crack me up with the "mine is better than yours" mentality. Is it because of the person that is behind the brand that has people either loving or hating the brand? I mean, would it help if it was a Bono endorsed brand or something? I've never heard of a person (not you) smack talking so much about another brand of headphones until the Dre beats brand. and they say the brand is for people that want to show off. The brands that you mentioned can be/are equally as expensive. I know, I've had my share or the trek for the ultimate sound.

And I don't speak for all Dre Beats headphones, some are not that great. But the ones I have are great. I don't eff around with mediocrity. Not saying other brands are mediocre either. Other brands are great as well. I just don't get that people say they totally suck for the price.

iBeats can't even fathom the quality of triplefis. It's one of the most respected non-custom iems money can buy nowadays. Triple driver armatures vs single (probably cheaply made) driver. Again, the only real problem now is the fact that people think bass quantity is attributed to quality. I'm not surprised considering what mainstream music is for the most part.

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
First, we do realize ibeats aren't the best. They are better than average earbuds you get with any device. Second, hello the ibeats are like not even 100 bucks. Those triple fi buds are more expensive. I sure hope they sound better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

idiotekniQues

Reaction score

i know the triple.fi's cost a lot, but they are worth it. done extensive research on headphones/iems. they aren't 'close' to any beats earbuds or headphones. they destroy them.

the reason people say that dr dre's are not worth the price is because you are paying for a heck of a lot of marketing and the dre name. wouldn't matter to me if it was bono. jimmy page or yo-yo ma. money that could be going to actual better quality equipment. they don't suck. but they are overpriced.

and beats technology is just a bunch of equalizer presets. it's just more marketing.

it's not worthless, and it's probably good for people that aren't going to spend anytime trying to find good stuff. but it is out there, and for the same price or less. get westone one's. or a cheaper pair of ultimate ears. try some of the senn IEM's or the klipsh IEM's that are around 100 bucks. they will be better than beats at the same price in almost every case i would wager.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
One thing to consider is the frequency each set caters more to. Dre beats headphone does well at hitting lower frequency ranges. Well but not the best. The sine waves that it can push is nice. And listening to classical it does WELL not the best at instrument separations and hall reverbs. Not as good at higher frequency pushes like other more expensive or equal priced buds.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say if you don't like beats audio then just don't use it lol and hey you're getting $100 headphones so if you don't like them just sell them. So it would kinda be like the phone only costs $200 instead of $300...basically no matter how you look at it you're getting a $300 phone for $200 and a pair of $100 headphones to keep or sell

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Byakushiki

Reaction score
At that point, just invest in some Sony XB 500/700s. Massive bass without the cost. And dreamy ear pillows for good measure. :laugh:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard beats plenty of times. It's the overbearing and bleeding bass that bothers me. Besides that, I would probably jump on if it had the Souls sound sig which is slightly warm, dark, and soothing. Beats (well, the $300 ones)also has piercing treble, which hurts after a bit. Beats also have a lack of depth and height to their overall sound stage. I will make one concession though: the pros aren't half bad.

Just out of curiosity, what bitrate music do you guys use? I use flac, about 700-1500kbps bitrate. 30-60mb per song.

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

I use all mp3 128kbps on my phone just because its an old Droid 1 with the stock 16 GB sdcard and too much kbps makes it skip...however my preferred format is the good old wav which is usually 1500+ kpbs

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score