What's your next phone after the Rezound?

brianjcohen

Reaction score
Of the three smartphones I've owned (D1, D2, Rezound), I feel like the Rezound is the one that I've liked the best for the longest amount of time. With the D1 and D2, after a year or so, they felt slow and old and buggy! The Rezound still feels "right".

Nevertheless, eventually my wife and I will get new phones. It could even be later this year. I'm starting to consider grabbing a couple gently used Galaxy S3's after the S4 drops and the price comes down on the S3. Or maybe we go with the HTC One?

What do you guys all think? What will be your next phone after the Rezound?

HowardZ

Reaction score
1. It needs to have a removable SD card, or have at least 64gb of internal storage

2. It needs a removable battery, or be able to last at least two days.

So my next phone won't be a nexus, and won't be a HTC.

Maybe a Samsung next ?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^what he said.

My Rezound running AOSP JB is going strong. It's going to take a lot more than a marginal upgrade for me to pay retail for my next phone. Definitely SD card + at least 32 gig internal. Quad core processor, obviously.

I'm going to sit tight as long as I can. VZW will be launching VoLTE some times in 2014, and who knows what sort of changes that will bring. Plus, if they do away with unlimited then you better believe I'm getting a subsidized phone.

If I buy retail, it's going to have to be a Nexus device, but a really good one.

vibin247

Reaction score
Perhaps a Motorola Razr MAXX HD with price drop after the new models come out. It's the battery life that I'm looking for...But then again HTC might come out with something similar (hopefully).

acejavelin

Reaction score
Honestly, right now I don't see any phones that really make me want to give up my Rez... don't get me wrong, there are nice ones, the Samsung Note 2 and Moto Razr Maxx HD are two that come to mind, but neither one has that "something" to make me jump ship on the Rez. Now my upgrade is in April, so by then who knows, but right now I am probably just going to hold out for something in the future.

flamewalker

Reaction score
My upgrade isn't until late this year but I'm thinking maybe the s3...or maybe HTC will have something similarly nice with good battery life by then... Love my rez but the battery can be a tad on the weak side if I do too much throughout the day.

Maybe once the jb matures a bit more I might try that rom a while down the road and keep my rez even longer...

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I was thinking S3 (until I read the S4 will be coming down the pike) but the many stories obout shattered glass has me very concerned.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Yep. That's the article I read. I haven't heard anything from Samsung on the broken glass issue though.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really have no complaints with my Rezound - call quality is good, signal is good, very satisfied with the camera. Battery life is ok. Love my 64gig SD card.

So considering I have to pay retail to keep my unlimited, there is nothing on the horizon that remotely makes me want to upgrade.

OP
B

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I really have no complaints with my Rezound - call quality is good, signal is good, very satisfied with the camera. Battery life is ok. Love my 64gig SD card.

So considering I have to pay retail to keep my unlimited, there is nothing on the horizon that remotely makes me want to upgrade.

I'm the OP, and I'm the same boat. Going to have to pay retail to keep my unlimited. Our subsidized upgrades are in October but we like the Rezound so much we'll probably just keep them for a while until we can get a good price on something else used, eg. the S3. Heck, by this time next year, the S4 will be a year old!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's nothing for sale now or in the rumor pipeline that would make me want to get another phone. If this one doesn't make it to upgrade time in August I'll happily go back to my Inc 1 until something shows up. If I need a bigger screen Foxfi Bluetooth and Tablet Talk combo on my Nexus7 work just fine.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

andeejo

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S IV is to be announced on Mar. 14th. It's predicdicted to be a huge seller and give the iPhone some serious competition. It will have an eye tracking feature that should automatically scroll to the next page when your eyes rea h the bottom of the page. It will have twice the storage if an iPhone and a quad-core processor. Anybody interested in this for a next phone?

rbw62

Reaction score
The HTC ONE of course, no other phone out there worth getting.

Sent from Batcave