What's your next phone after the Rezound?

idaho04

Reaction score
I love my rezound and was wondering what should be my next phone. I live way out in the mountains of northern Idaho, my tower is about 15 mi away, and get a sporadic signal at best. However my rezound works ok here and I get 4g most of the times. My wife upgraded her incredible to s3 and cannot make calls or get 4g. She is using my phone most of the times. The incredible 2 was as bad.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Got my Rezound almost a year ago and sorta bored with it now. I hate having to.use an extended battery just to get through the day. Had hopes for tha HTC One but Vzw took too long to get it. So I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Possibly go for the Maxx because of battery life.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm eligible this month and though I don't see anything I really want to upgrade to the Rezound is starting to become very buggy in areas it used to be rock solid in such as reception, camera, and overall performance.
Yesterday while attempting to shoot a video, the recorder decided to wig out and take audio only with frozen video that took about 5 still shots in a 2 minute video with full length audio. I know I should use a standalone but the rule of thumb is "the camera you have with you is the best camera to use" at certain times. This used to be a good fall back option when out and about without my Pentax or Sony but since the last firmware update unless the lighting is perfect the camera just plain sucks. Calls that used to come through in low reception areas now go straight to voicemail since Verizon did me the favor of adding world capability and data sessions are MUCH slower with lots of drops with battery life dropping before my eyes and the phone getting egg coming hot, again after the last update. Since Verizon has abandoned HTC for the most part I realize this is as good as it's going to be for this phone.
I am 99% sure I'm leaving Verizon after being with them 20 years because it looks like anything they offer is going to be more of the same old game with them. More money for less value.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd phone post Rezound so I feel kind of bad posting in this thread but I'm not waiting for the Moto X. That WILL be my next phone unless something horrible happens to it before it drops later this month.

My words of advice to any/all that are waiting for Verizon to bring XYZ phone...don't wait. When your contract is up, drop big red like a bad habit. They've stolen our upgrades, our unlimited and I for one told them where to stuff it. T-Mobile doesn't have quite as good of a network but I'll be damned if they don't have an awesome selection of phones(especially since all I need is a SIM unlocked phone)

acejavelin

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd phone post Rezound so I feel kind of bad posting in this thread but I'm not waiting for the Moto X. That WILL be my next phone unless something horrible happens to it before it drops later this month.

My words of advice to any/all that are waiting for Verizon to bring XYZ phone...don't wait. When your contract is up, drop big red like a bad habit. They've stolen our upgrades, our unlimited and I for one told them where to stuff it. T-Mobile doesn't have quite as good of a network but I'll be damned if they don't have an awesome selection of phones(especially since all I need is a SIM unlocked phone)
Seriously doing this myself soon... This is my plan as well except T-Mobile is not in my area, well, they are if you only accept 1G/2G roaming. Personally, my contract is up now (August 3rd) so I think I am just going to port my number to Google Voice, grab a 16GB Nexus 4 from Google, and a Net10 or StraightTalk SIM and just be be done with Verizon. About $50 bucks a month, unlimited voice, text, and 1.5GB data (they call it "Unlimited Data" but if you read the fine print they can throttle your speeds back when you exceed 1.5GB) seems like an even trade off to me, lose 4G and save $50/month, yet still get HSPA+ that AT&T calls "4G" anyways. And if a Nexus 4 is out of your price range, check out Swappa, eBay, or Craigslist, I found several AT&T handsets for under $200 and some as low as $65 that would be acceptable.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Actually, I just bit the bullet and did this, but I couldn't bring myself to pony up $388 for a Nexus 4 16GB (including shipping and tax) so I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on eBay, new and sealed in the box for $208 with Priority Mail shipping, should be here Wednesday or Thursday, and a Turtle Armor (never heard of it, seems like a Seidio Active series clone) case on Amazon for $11. Net10 SIM and $50 Unlimited card are here already.

I will still be around here for a while though, my work phone is an HTC Rezound and I will have it for almost another year, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Now, all I need to do is wait for my son's contract to expire in January and I will be done with Verizon!!!

jrredho

Reaction score
My words of advice to any/all that are waiting for Verizon to bring XYZ phone...don't wait. When your contract is up, drop big red like a bad habit. They've stolen our upgrades, our unlimited and I for one told them where to stuff it.

I could not agree more with this statement. As always Mr Smith, you're spot on.

cheers,
john