What's your favorite metal band?

NightAngel79

Reaction score
I'd have to say Pantera/Megadeth/System of a Down/(might as well throw metallica on there as well..... but nothing AFTER the Black album)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can easily call Megadeth an all time favorite but Metallica...I'll pass, they were great when I was ten, And Justice for All was their last great work (IMO) - the downside is they have went so far down the scale even if something from Ride the Lightning comes on the radio I change it -

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The Devil Wears Prada, We Came As Romans, Asking Alexandria, A Skylit Drive, Iron Maiden (yes, I love older metal too), Dream Theater (prog metal ftw). I could list a lot more that I really really like but they're probably my favorites.

Edit: forgot Woe, Is Me

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Iron Maiden (yes, I love older metal too)
Of course the classics like Maiden and Priest...

I will throw Gothenburg, Sweden's - In Flames in the mix, as well as Korn, Slipknot, Blatz, Leftover Crack and Filth -

NightAngel79

Reaction score
I can easily call Megadeth an all time favorite but Metallica...I'll pass, they were great when I was ten, And Justice for All was their last great work (IMO) - the downside is they have went so far down the scale even if something from Ride the Lightning comes on the radio I change it -

While i agree to an extent i will say that i won't hold there mistakes against anything old. Heard seek & destroy and creeping death just couple days ago on radio and was rocking out to it. I was 10(ish) when Justice came out and while i enjoyed the Black album it really was all downhill from there......

Edit: +1 on Korn.......

Reaction score
Therapy?, Downset, Machinehead, Mushroomhead, Heaven Shall Burn, hed (pe), Life of Agony, oh, and definitely Dethklok.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
They were just a huge dissapointment in the long run - while Dave Mustane stayed true to his begining Metallica seemed to stray (just my opinion though) -

So many bands throughout the years

Mucky Pup

DI

Suicidal Tendencies

Operation Ivy

Dead Milkmen

Fishbone

Bad Brains

Shelter

Concrete Blonde

Violent Femmes

L7

NIN

Rage against the Machine

Gwar :p

Alice and Chains

GNR

NOFX

Primus

Ministry

Butthole Surfers

Breeders

Sonic Youth

Ween

Weezer

...and let's not forget hip hop

Run DMC

KRS-1

Q-Tip

Wu Tang

Sunz of Man

Alkaholiks

Tribe Called Quest

Sunnmoonsekt

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I'd have to say Pantera/Megadeth/System of a Down/(might as well throw metallica on there as well..... but nothing AFTER the Black album)

Most people that say this that I have spoken with have never listened to Death Magnetic or given it it a fair shake.

I feel bad for those people.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, Metallica of the 80's and the Metallica of today are just worlds apart, bands are supposed to grow though, and not everyone is going to appreciate the growth for what it is...I am one of those somebody's -

Last edited:

Taco

Reaction score
I like:

In Flames
Shadows Fall
Amon Amarth
Trivium
Miss May I

In Flames and Shadows Fall being my top 2 :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
In Flames and Shadows Fall being my top 2 :)
Reroute to Remain by In Flames is my top album choice from them, Come Clarity is my second...I own them all though -

Way off the subject of Metal - I also appreciate the Grateful Dead, I have been to many a Dead show ;)

Taco

Reaction score
Reroute to remain was excellent, and honestly I love nearly everything they've put out. Come claritly being my least favorite and Clayman being my favorite. The guitar in Suburban Me is awesome!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
ICP
Boondox
Dark Lotus
Twizitid
Axe Murder Boys
ABK

yea,I'm one of those people your mother warned you about

overtwo

Reaction score
Suicide silence, oceano, bleeding through, acacia strain, abigail williams, rose funeral... anyone like any of these bands??

sent by shelby, moto droid

I just saw SUICIDE SILENCE at METAL FEST 5 here in Orange, CA!!! They ripped it up!!! Check out CATHERINE and DESTRUCTION OF A ROSE