Droid Owners - What's Your Favorite Band?

dtartini

Reaction score
I have never seen Tool which is sad cause they are my favorite band. That's the problem with living in Idaho...all the good shows are far away. I have seen korn and sevendust before though. I actually got hit it the back of the head by a crowdsurfer during "b*tch" and blacked out the last time I saw sevendust. Ahh the good times...

rod

Reaction score
ive been to quite a few 7d shows. ive always said they put on the best shows (of all the bands ive seen). plus, the band is really a kickass group of guys. if you ever get the chance, hang out after the show. weve met them a few times and theyll chill out and bs with you for a damn long time.

if anyone is in the southeastern area, specifically the tallahassee area, check out this new up and coming band called stereoside. theyre another good bunch of guys, and the lead singer can wail. go google "on our way". i wont link it here, bc theres a little vulgarity and i dont know what the rules are about that. also check out "wasted".

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No word on Tool touring this year, as I have previously heard.
The Tool Page: Tour Info

7Dust always puts on a great show. Lajon also always hands out a 'gift' to the crowd at the start of every show, after a few 'hits' himself :)

When Tool tours again, anyone who hasn't seen them that wants to.... I would highly recommend going. They are absolutely incredible live, and they visually stimulate you as well. It's crazy.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No word on Tool touring this year, as I have previously heard.
The Tool Page: Tour Info

7Dust always puts on a great show. Lajon also always hands out a 'gift' to the crowd at the start of every show, after a few 'hits' himself :)

When Tool tours again, anyone who hasn't seen them that wants to.... I would highly recommend going. They are absolutely incredible live, and they visually stimulate you as well. It's crazy.

Where's that lighter app? Encore!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Music was never the same after 11:59pm Dec 31st 1979.

I've got 141 albums on my Zune 30 (brown edition ftw). I'll bet a dollar that 95+% are from the 70s. Probably 50% are Southern Rock with some mainstream rock and even a little disco thrown in (can we say KC and the Sunshine Band):icon_ lala:.

rlb

Reaction score
My all time favorite is Pear Jam

Lately its been a lot of Kings of Leon, Black Keys + Dan Auerbach "solo" album, Band of Horses, Ray Lamontagne. I want to check out Hacienda but never remember when I have time.

Other regulars include Incubus, Sublime, Our Lady Peace, Rage Against the Machine, AIC, Soundgarden, Nirvana, STP, Live, etc...

Thanks to Pandora I've had growing interest in Beck, Patrick Sweany (sp?), Dr. Dog, Delta Spirit, The Duke Spirit.

Last edited:

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....Hendricks....ELP....Metallica....Cream....Foghat....Ten Years After....Mountain....you know just quiet stuff....are there any new bands out there might like to listen to? LMAO

ips

Reaction score
Tool is not touring yet which is sad because they are my all time favorite band. Manyrd is working on a doc about the wine he makes and a tour with Puscifer. Adam Jones is working on something with robert fripp from King Crimson. They arnt done yet and have said there would be another album eventually and manyrd has siad he really wants to do another tool album but cant sit around and do nothing while the rest of them wait. Its taken them 1-3 years to do a new CD for a while so im hoping for somehting in 2011 or 2012.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tool is not touring yet which is sad because they are my all time favorite band. Manyrd is working on a doc about the wine he makes and a tour with Puscifer. Adam Jones is working on something with robert fripp from King Crimson. They arnt done yet and have said there would be another album eventually and manyrd has siad he really wants to do another tool album but cant sit around and do nothing while the rest of them wait. Its taken them 1-3 years to do a new CD for a while so im hoping for somehting in 2011 or 2012.
2011 was what I saw for Tool to start working on a new album. I've heard the same as you, that basically 2010 they will be doing said projects.

QiG

Reaction score
Can't believe I missed some of these bands, but as a child of the 90s I was huge on Offspring, Tool, Pantera (sucks they'll never play again), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Daft Punk, Big Pun, 2Pac, Mushroomhead (A cleveland favorite), Nirvana unplugged (studio stuff never did it for me), Kid Rock, and Pearl Jam. Was a hardcore ICP fan through the Jeckel Brothers album and then lost interest, but it's fun to put them on every once in a while. Last but not least, Rage against the Machine BIG TIME.

Metallica is still amazing live, seeing Korn and mayhem this summer which is going to be a fantastic festival

Im surprised to see all the love for metal grunge and heavy music on here.... awsome:icon_ devil:

This reminds me that I saw a Christmas show featuring Adema, Offspring, Korn and some others in 2003 or 2004 and it was my first time seeing both Offspring and Korn in concert after having been fans for years. Offspring completely let me down live but Korn brought down the house. I haven't heard too much of their last two albums but the show was great and I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Bands I'd love to see live:
Tool
Incubus
Slipknot
Daft Punk

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
U2 tops it, and don't laugh but Vince Gill......(i have variety tastes sue me =P lol)