What's the best deal on a new Razr?

RecklessFable

Reaction score
My local Staples has $50 off coupons on every phone. The sales dude hands them out right at the store.

Oh, and the Verizon store has some sort of double-secret deal on accessories. Haggle if you decide to buy. For example, I turned down the HD Dock/Car Mount/earphone combo box for $75 and they came back with $60. It is listed as $100... Verizon stores are like car dealerships. They don't know their specs and lie like crazy, but the will make deals all day if you know what things are worth ahead of time.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Costco offered the $259 price for the Razr plus bonus pack on black Friday (it's actually an instant $40 rebate). I would guess they will do the same just before/after Christmas. If you can use the accessories, it's the best deal going for a current VZ customer.

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
The deal with Costco hinges on the accessories. The one I want is the dock. So thats 50 bucks in added value. If I can catch them with a lower price within 30 days of my purchase, I get the deal. So really, I am looking at buying it for 290 from costco in the next couple of days, and then watching costco like a hawk thru the silly season and into the new year, figuring that at some point, the price of the phone will drop. Heck, I am hoping they drop the price of the phone and dump the bonus pack. They will still match the price of the phone. Wondering if the Nexus and Droid 4 coming out won't affect it too. Assuming the Nexus and droid 4 actually come out.... :)

All this fun! GAWD I am cheap!!!

merlin4979

Reaction score
Now that Amazon has the RAZR back in stock, I'm just giving them a few more days till the Nexus (and/or Droid 4) come out on the 8th (or 9th or 11th...whichever they actually decide on), and hoping that it'll drop to a sub-$200 price for upgrading customers. dancedroid

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
If you have access, take a look at the Costco deal. For $290 ya get a $50 dock, a cable I don't care about, and some portable battery recharger that might be handy. And, you have 30 days to price-match at the specific warehouse you bought the phone at. I am planning on doing it either this sunday or monday, gambling that Costco will lower the price within the next 30 days for a pre-xmas deal, a post-xmas deal, or a new years deal.... I am hoping that they drop the goodies, and cut the price to $199. Then I will still have the goodies, and they will price match to $199! (fingers crossed)

Unless a better deal comes along this weekend...

If you really want to get cheap, buy the phone with the goodies off of Costco's website. Log into one of the gift-card resellers and buy a couple of the costco gift cards at a discount. They can only be used at the internet store, not any of the warehouses, but hey.... Then watch them for 30 days... I think they are already down to 260 for the phone. (Hmm. Maybe I will do that...)

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
Costco's website is still at $290 for a renewal. Bummer. But if you are adding a line or a new customer, it is $199 and you get the dock etc. That's the best deal I have seen so far. But I have unlimited data, and I am not gonna give that up right now.....

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if you couldn't. They get you in, they provide their costco number, but you do all the paperwork and put the phone in your name. I can't see those cell phone selling sharks letting a sale slip thru their fingers....

:)

merlin4979

Reaction score
After I read that the Gnex wasn't coming out as planned, I decided to say "screw it" and quit waiting for Amazon to drop the price any more on the RAZR and just ordered it today for $229. It's still a deal @ $70 less than in-store. Should be here Tuesday! dancedroid

65fsbk

Reaction score
Thanx for the info guys! I was about to pay $299 each directly from Verizon for two Razrs (one for me and the other for the sammich maker) but I then ran accross this thread and I didn't know Amazon had a wireless dept. I checked out Amazon Wireless and was shocked to see the Razr going for $169.99 for a new customer like myself. I went ahead and purchased two of them for $339.98 out the door with free 2 day shipping!!! By the way, it is $229 for exisiting customers that want to upgrade. Thanx again!