Anyone waiting for a better deal on the Nexus?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
The bloat will still SOMEWHAT be there but with ics.. u can freeze it. and i said vanilla.. so i basically ment less bloat... no blur or sence or wiz... and updates are still going to be from vzw. Otas wont be put out by google.. they will be sent from google or samdung to big red.. who will approve it.. add what they want.... and then be sent out via ota by vzw.. and shutter lag? Camera xoom fx... nuff said .. just wanted to correct the misinfo. Again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wrong again! It's a Nexus device! Google sends out the OTAs as they've done with every Nexus device. Please go troll somewhere else. Your ignorance is killing my high.

It is the same effin processors.. the ones they select for "up to 1.X GHZ" just hold a lower voltage at the same clockspeed.. so they rate it to be safer at longer exposure to higher frequencies That is the only difference.. and the gpu is exactly the same minus clockspeed. Last time im going to explain this.. same hardware. So ur saying bassically ur 98 mustang gt is better than my mustang gt from 1998.. would u say that? No. Cuz they are the same exact thing.. not ANY BIT DIFFERENT. PHYSICALLY. NOT DIFFERENT. Lol geez.. listen to yourself ... "it may be the same thing but its far superior cuz the number is bigger .." rofl ever heard of marketing, sir?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No, not because the number is bigger, because it performs better! You're 98 Mustang might not perform as good as my 98 Mustang therefore mine would be the better car, you get this logic or do I need to put it in dummy form? They might not be physically different but they perform different which means the OMAP4460 is better.

Last edited:

nleksan

Reaction score
ex0rcist,

I've built PC's, I'm tech-friendly, and I know enough to say that I am willing to bet a month's pay that EVERY G-Nex will be able to hit 1.5ghz no problem, because that's what it was designed to run at! It was underclocked to save on battery, I would bet, and I wouldn't be surprised if 12mo from now there is an OTA update that kicks it up the extra 300mhz to keep people happy with their phones.

This isn't like AMD taking a Phenom II X6 1100T and software-disabling two cores to turn it into a Phenom II X4 960T, this is simply an UNDER-CLOCKED chip! But, even if the AMD scenario, there's about an ~80% success rate for people who have tried to "unlock" the two extra cores, with very few of them actually having been disabled due to damage.

I would say that Google/Samsung want to eek every last second of battery out of this monstrously-screened, 3G/4G/WiFi-radio-ed, dual-core processor phone and EVERYONE who is really familiar with the PC-world, much less building and overclocking them, knows that when you down-volt and under-clock something you increase reliability while retaining the exact same performance for THE MAJORITY OF users (the exception being the "enthusiasts", gamers, etc).

I have never seen a factory under-clocked chip, whether phone or PC, that couldn't be knocked back to it's OEM-specified operating frequency, not once. I'm not talking about chip errors, or faulty cores, or whatever, I'm talking about what Samsung/Google is doing: using software to under-clock.

And, with this being Google's flagship phone, I HIGHLY doubt that any of them are going out there into the wild with "defect" 4460 chips, they are likely getting the best of the litter, while phones like the Razr and Bionic are getting chips that may have slight defects on their surface causing them to not run RELIABLY at 1.5ghz, at least some of them. But Google is a brilliant company and they're quite intelligent strategists and their level of tech-wizardry would put all of us to shame, so I will trust that they know what they're doing.

If I am wrong, and I honestly think I am correct, I will come back on here and personally apologize to you and admit that you are correct, and that I should be more humble. I am willing to do that, I just don't think it will happen...

Sincerely,
nleksan

(BTW, I've had four Phenom II X6 1100T's, and every single one of them has hit 5.2ghz with the exact same voltage/multiplier/speed settings using the exact same water cooling setup, same Crosshair V motherboard, same OC'd G.Skill DDR3-1600 RAM, and same dual-6970's OC'd at 990/1400/6100, but it's a monstrous water cooling setup to be fair... CPU/chipset/GPU1/GPU2/SDD1/SDD2/RAM are all cooled via 3 pumps, 3x240mm external radiators and 2x 180mm internal inline radiators, 2L refrigerated reservoir, 5/8" tubing, 100% copper heat sinks, 100% copper barbs, etc; whole system runs over 90GPM and keeps my CPU at about 50*C after 6hrs of 100% load and both GPU's at ~50-55C after 6hrs 100% load)

hwiya320

Reaction score
Since I'm not as techie as some of the other members, I'm planning on buying Nexus without a complaint on its specification.

I do plan on waiting it out, at least till end of the year to see if the price comes down due to Holidays. As much I like to have a new phone, my droid X is working fine and I couldn't wait to save additional $50 bucks (assuming that VZ will apply its traditional $50 price decrease on aging models).

maniaryan

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the report that it'll be 300 at radioshack and costco? Costco will probably have accessories but not sure about radioshack..

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Me and the 4 others on my line are gonna bust in vzw and demand that we get a good deal because we are getting 4 of them. If they say no then **** will get real real fast...:angry: