What's the best deal on a new Razr?

Slider5150

Reaction score
So, got an original Droid. Up for my 2 year with our friends at Verizon. And I am planning on a new Razr in my life very soon. But gee, kills me to look at paying $299 right now. I figure the price should drop soon, right? So right now, for a re-up, I can do Amazon for $229.99. Not bad. I am hoping for $199. But I can also roll over to Costco and do a Razr for $289.99. And they are gonna throw in a dock that appears to be worth $50 and a couple other things, a cable and some sort of portable re-charger. But for me the goodie is the dock, cause I will want one at least, maybe two. And I haven't seen any docks for less than $50 yet. Costco also guarantees the price for 30 days. So if THE SPECIFIC WAREHOUSE I buy it from lowers the price within 30 days, I just roll in with my receipt. Cool. So given that, here is my thought. Wait till about 12/5, roll into Costco, and buy the RAZR. Then, if Costco lowers the price either before Xmas (what do ya'll think?) or even as an after-Xmas sale, I will have until around Jan 4th to make good on the deal. I am kinda banking on the idea that the price will drop on the phone by then. I am thinking that with the Droid 4 coming out, and possibly the Nexus, they will drop the price on the RAZR. I expect that Costco will drop the price and stop offering the Dock etc, but they will honor the price even though I got the goodies. Just a bit of a timing game.

Any thoughts on this plan?

Anyone know of a better deal out there? Really burned my butt to see Amazon selling it for a penny for new lines there for a while. Reminded me of the bank commercials where the dude gives the new kid ice cream, but the kid that was there can't have any, cause he isn't as valuable...

Slider

thomas1984

Reaction score
cancel your cell then go to amazon and get a new account with a razr for 1 penny... mine is arriving today.

thomas1984

Reaction score
that is true... but didnt have unlimited to start with. Do you think the avrage user uses more than 4 gig a month?

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
Good idea, and good counter-point. I do have the unlimited. I dunno. Right now I doubt I use 4gig a month. But I think folks are gonna keep increasing usage going forward. A few years from now I will be laughing about having an unlimited plan I suspect. Bear in mind, my first computer, an Apple IIe, had a 20Meg hard drive, and the salesman told me there was no way we could ever fill that up......

So I do want to keep my unlimited plan.

Thanks for the idea though. Good way to game the system a bit....

Markee

Reaction score
I have unlimited date, but I only use about 2-3Gb usually... If you download a lot of movies, or listen to a lot of radio, I did this one month and it was over 6 Gb.
Best plact to get a "deal" Costco... Got my Razr for $289, but they threw in a HD docking station with power supply, and a portable battery charger, which is about $150 worth of goodies... And I like their 90 day return policy... That allowed me to try the bionic and then return it for a razr after 30 days. Nicely done Costco...

satarecah

Reaction score
There should be a deal on verizon phones called 3g to 4g defintly look it up the worse that can be said is no we are no longer doing it Just ask a rep about a deal

breedingh8

Reaction score
Good idea, and good counter-point. I do have the unlimited. I dunno. Right now I doubt I use 4gig a month. But I think folks are gonna keep increasing usage going forward. A few years from now I will be laughing about having an unlimited plan I suspect. Bear in mind, my first computer, an Apple IIe, had a 20Meg hard drive, and the salesman told me there was no way we could ever fill that up......

You can use Verizon, or radio shacks trade I hear pretty decent savings if you have something worth trading not your original razor ;-) also I know I wouldn't trade my unlimited data use it constantly tethering to my galaxy tab

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

mikesugarvictor

Reaction score
Staples currently has a $50 off coupon plus they price match. Print the cheapest competitor's price you can find (in-store only) and get it for $50 less. I think the coupon is only good through today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
Staples currently has a $50 off coupon plus they price match. Print the cheapest competitor's price you can find (in-store only) and get it for $50 less. I think the coupon is only good through today.

any chance you have a link to that $50 off from staples..?...i cant seem to find it...thanks

Reaction score

Before canceling your cell's unlimited, see if somebody else will take it from your for a price, a price that can help you buy those accessories you want. I traded in my 4gb data with my father n law's unlimited, and damn, it's-a-hella worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

razrsedge

Reaction score
that is true... but didnt have unlimited to start with. Do you think the avrage user uses more than 4 gig a month?

I was using less than 2 gigs a month with my Droid X. I got the razr on 11-11-11, and I used 6.8 gigs with the 4g in the month of November. I like motocast. If you've got unlimited, keep it. It's only $30 a month.

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
Just checked the Costco website price for the Razr. It's down to 259 (from 289) with the accessories still there, so I think I am gonna go drive over to the warehouse and see if that is the price they are putting on it today. If so, I will probably buy it. I am still hoping and expecting that the price will drop, if not sooner, after xmas. And now I can get all the way into 2012 with my 30 day price match policy....

:)

OP
S

Slider5150

Reaction score
Eh. Called the costco wireless. The 259 price is only love for NEW customers still. Darn. Us existing still get the 289 price. So I am gonna save the drive and perhaps wait another day or two to get further into the new year with the 30 day price match deal... Besides I am busy as all get out! :p