What size sd card do you have and how much have you used?

Erikbal

Reaction score
Maybe kind of a dumb question but just asking out of curiosity, what size memory card do you have and how much of it have you used? I have a 16gb card and when I go to storage on my card it says total 14.83gb available 14.22gb. I have all my apps on there that are possible, except this one cuz I was told that it's better to keep it on the phone. All my pics and videos are on there too. I have yet to transfer my pics and videos and music from my old phones sd card onto this one but that wasn't a smart phone and with tons of videos and pics and 100 some songs I still only used a little over 1gb on my 2gb card. I guess most of the apps I have are small and I don't have a ton of them! This card was definitely overkill but I'm the type that would rather have more than not enough. Wish I could get rid of all the crappy factory installed apps without hacking my phone. I just don't know enough about that stuff yet and am not into doing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

acoers

Reaction score
i got only a 2gb sd card and got a 16gb on a card on the way. id rather have to big of a card than to small. really helps with music,movies and files and stuff if you do alot of flashing.

doogald

Reaction score
I have an 8 GB card but I dont have much - a few ringtones, a few photos, that's it. I don't use my phone for music - too much battery drain.

Why do people put apps on SD these days? I have so much available space for app internat it's not funny. My last phone had 170 MB app storage space total, so it was understandable to want apps2sd. Why now?

spillner

Reaction score
32 gig here. All pics and videos are placed on the SD while all apps are on internal HD. I also have 7 full length dvds on the SD card with 15gigs left in space.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only 16gbs and with boot manager its all full lol got 1gb left pretty much time for an upgrade

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have a 16gb with about 1400 songs. I have 7.77 gb left. I do not do movies/videos on my phones at all. Just stream them as needed. My technique is I use MediaMonkey to organize my music on the PC; then push them to the phone at 160bps at the minimum with volume leveling which saves file size on each mp3 on the phone. The sound is more than adequate to play through my DINC 2.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

KZ_259

Reaction score
32gigs with a ton of pics and some vids. i am glad i bought the 32 gig and didnt cheap out for a smaller size : - )