SD card problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Malvado, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Raidy

Raidy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to be the new "method" used now, I had the same issue on the X2. The internal memory is partioned so a piece of it maps as /sdcard while the actual sdcard maps as /sdcard-ext.

Any application that writes to /sdcard can't tell the difference and won't read/write to the actual sdcard.. Sux for sure, I guess the devs of each app will have to adjust their code.

Sent from my GTablet using DroidForums

2. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    My guess is that there is an internal SD that is getting mounted to /sdcard.

3. JVSEDI

JVSEDI New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is similar problem I am having with my SD Card. I had made up folders in it for all my pictures when it was in my OG Droid....now when I put it in the Droid 3 all the pictures show up lumped together in the Gallery. All the folders are still there in the sd_ext file. How can I get them to show up in my Gallery in their perspective folders. Any help is greatly appreciated as this took me so much time to organize them and I hate to lose it all and do not want to have to go through all pictures to find what I need.

4. mattbooty

mattbooty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we sure this is a motorolla issue? I have a viewsonic G Tablet running froyo and it behaves exactly this same way. I just assumed it was any android device that had the internal memory partitioned as an internal and a "pretend" sdcard... Can anyone comment on this who has had another device set up this way (note: the d1 is not set up this way, all of the internal memory was partitioned as 1 internal device, the removable sd card was the only "sdcard" media on the device).

5. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm sure its not just moto...I think its with all devices with internal storage greater than 8gb

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

6. shiek403

shiek403 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    easy fix?
    DL an app called 3d gallery
    i dont think what u explayned is so much a bug as a "this is how the new gallery works" but 3d gallery should look exactly as it did on ur OG

7. LewD1

LewD1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the solution to get the phone to read your apps you have saved on the SD?

8. JVSEDI

JVSEDI New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much I did download the App and now everything is showing up the way it was on my OG Droid.

9. PuneE

PuneE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ditto for me as well. I want my actual SD card to be the default save-to place. In the event that the phone becomes defective in one way or another, i dont want my files locked inside it.

has there been a solution for this yet? I dont remember seeing anyone addressing whether we can just simply rename the internal folder to i.e. SD_Int and renaming the sd_ext to SDCARD as a simple fix.

i just order the phone today an expecting it tuesday, i hope it wont be a frustrating experience for the next 2yrs

10. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Well it might be fixable with root

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

11. km75

km75 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Settings>storage>windows media sync(storage location). Default is set to internal. Change to sd card. Don't know if this is what you were looking for exactly but I thought I would post it anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

12. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Yea that will save pics to external sd but the main storage is still the internal as moto sees it

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Search tags for this page

droid 3 gallery dvd drive says please insert sd card

droid 3 help sd card

droid 3 sd card capability

droid3 sd card

og droid sd card problems