SD card problems

mattbooty

Reaction score
That is stupid of Moto, just because they don't include a microSD card doesn't mean the OS shouldn't be smart enough to map to an microSD slot once a card is detected or give you an option to choose.

Are we sure this is a motorolla issue? I have a viewsonic G Tablet running froyo and it behaves exactly this same way. I just assumed it was any android device that had the internal memory partitioned as an internal and a "pretend" sdcard... Can anyone comment on this who has had another device set up this way (note: the d1 is not set up this way, all of the internal memory was partitioned as 1 internal device, the removable sd card was the only "sdcard" media on the device).

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
That is stupid of Moto, just because they don't include a microSD card doesn't mean the OS shouldn't be smart enough to map to an microSD slot once a card is detected or give you an option to choose.

Are we sure this is a motorolla issue? I have a viewsonic G Tablet running froyo and it behaves exactly this same way. I just assumed it was any android device that had the internal memory partitioned as an internal and a "pretend" sdcard... Can anyone comment on this who has had another device set up this way (note: the d1 is not set up this way, all of the internal memory was partitioned as 1 internal device, the removable sd card was the only "sdcard" media on the device).

I'm sure its not just moto...I think its with all devices with internal storage greater than 8gb

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

shiek403

Reaction score
This is similar problem I am having with my SD Card. I had made up folders in it for all my pictures when it was in my OG Droid....now when I put it in the Droid 3 all the pictures show up lumped together in the Gallery. All the folders are still there in the sd_ext file. How can I get them to show up in my Gallery in their perspective folders. Any help is greatly appreciated as this took me so much time to organize them and I hate to lose it all and do not want to have to go through all pictures to find what I need.

easy fix?
DL an app called 3d gallery
i dont think what u explayned is so much a bug as a "this is how the new gallery works" but 3d gallery should look exactly as it did on ur OG

LewD1

Reaction score
for those of you who are having this issue here is the fix
1. just plug ur phone into ur comp, 2 external drives will show up
2. move the files off the root of ur sd card
3. move them to the root of the other one
4. ????
5. Profit

Is this the solution to get the phone to read your apps you have saved on the SD?

JVSEDI

Reaction score
This is similar problem I am having with my SD Card. I had made up folders in it for all my pictures when it was in my OG Droid....now when I put it in the Droid 3 all the pictures show up lumped together in the Gallery. All the folders are still there in the sd_ext file. How can I get them to show up in my Gallery in their perspective folders. Any help is greatly appreciated as this took me so much time to organize them and I hate to lose it all and do not want to have to go through all pictures to find what I need.

easy fix?
DL an app called 3d gallery
i dont think what u explayned is so much a bug as a "this is how the new gallery works" but 3d gallery should look exactly as it did on ur OG

Thank you so much I did download the App and now everything is showing up the way it was on my OG Droid.

PuneE

Reaction score

Exactly what I was thinking. What if I want to use my physical SD card as the primary

ditto for me as well. I want my actual SD card to be the default save-to place. In the event that the phone becomes defective in one way or another, i dont want my files locked inside it.

has there been a solution for this yet? I dont remember seeing anyone addressing whether we can just simply rename the internal folder to i.e. SD_Int and renaming the sd_ext to SDCARD as a simple fix.

i just order the phone today an expecting it tuesday, i hope it wont be a frustrating experience for the next 2yrs

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well it might be fixable with root

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

km75

Reaction score
Settings>storage>windows media sync(storage location). Default is set to internal. Change to sd card. Don't know if this is what you were looking for exactly but I thought I would post it anyway.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Settings>storage>windows media sync(storage location). Default is set to internal. Change to sd card. Don't know if this is what you were looking for exactly but I thought I would post it anyway.

Yea that will save pics to external sd but the main storage is still the internal as moto sees it

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

REMilk

Reaction score
I have been able to get some apps to used the sd-ext (memory card). The apps that include a basic file manager or link to one (such as OI File Manager, Astro, ES). I am able to redirect from the internal 'sd" to the external 'sd-ext'.

With the file managers, you have to go to the highest level then come back down to sd-ext.

Bob