External SD Memory

dolpns13

Reaction score
Hi All.. I currently have a 16gb sd card in my OG Droid which is getting pretty full. If I buy, say a 32gb card, copy all my files and folders (My Pics, My Music, etc... All the typcial default folders that were created by the phone) from the 16gb card onto the 32gb card and put that card into a new phone, will the phone read the card and all the files and apps on that card?

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Thanks.. I wasn't sure if that would work with new phones. Mainly Rezound. When I bought my Droid the Verizon Guy told me you can't put anymore than a 16gb card in the droid

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
32's definitely OK-- in some cases, they can even take 64gb cards.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Thanks.. I wasn't sure if that would work with new phones. Mainly Rezound. When I bought my Droid the Verizon Guy told me you can't put anymore than a 16gb card in the droid

Where does the Rezound come into the picture? If you want to up the SD capacity in your Droid then just copy all the files from the 16GB to the 32GB as you said. If you are thinking of moving all of the files to a Rezound then you can transfer music, photos, etc, but not the apps that you have moved to the SD card in the Droid.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
I had a Rezound a couple months ago, returned it but am getting it again. When I did have it I took the 16gb card out of my Droid and put in the Rezound. Everything transfered over, including all apps that were on my card.

That being said since 16gb is quickly running out, I wanted to know if I could copy and paste everything from the 16 to a larger card in hopes the Rezound (when I get it next week) will read that card as well. According to the first post it will.

Last edited: