pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Grinds-my-gears.jpg

So what grinds your gears.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when someone renames a thread? ;) Had to go there. ;)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What sparked this, and by the way I was searching to see if we already had a "grind my gears" thread so if we do link it and ill redirect there. But I went to wallyworld as I go there to grab frozen fruits (frozen fruits are cheaper there than the other stores, though Ill choose publix or farm for fresh), and saw someone load their car with their bags and then just parked their shopping cart next to another car (leaning up against it) vs walking a few feet to place it in the rack. Now the next person pulling into the parking lot is having to be careful not to hit it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this need not to be said but, as tempting as it may be, no politics. Or we will have people posting about how each other is grinding their gears.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's funny that you mentioned shopping carts @pc747 That's one of my biggest pet-peeves; people that leave shopping carts all over a parking lot instead of returning them to the cart return area. I hate door dings because someone else's cart blew into my vehicle...due to complete laziness. :mad:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's funny that you mentioned shopping carts @pc747 That's one of my biggest pet-peeves; people that leave shopping carts all over a parking lot instead of returning them to the cart return area. I hate door dings because someone else's cart blew into my vehicle...due to complete laziness. :mad:

9319458.jpg

fix-car-door-dings-800x800.jpg

Oh if you hate door dings stay out of ATL.I notice down here that because they are trying to cram so many cars in a lot the parking spaces are slim. Yet people have no problem kicking their door open and shaking your car with the force of the door hitting your car. Yet they will get out the car and stare at you like you did something wrong. And dare you to say something.

I see people will intentionally park their car next to your car and you look at how close they are parked and you know their is no way they can open their door without hitting your car. And since they won't move I will just move to keep them from hitting my car.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Wednesday I go to Target. Park in the sticks. Come out and everyone that showed up after i did parked by me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another thing that grinds my gears is seeing so many people using their phones while driving....still. I just don't understand the need to use a phone while driving, it's extremely dangerous but yet I see it happen almost daily on my drive to work & home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wednesday I go to Target. Park in the sticks. Come out and everyone that showed up after i did parked by me.
Next time you should try this (see photo)
Another thing that grinds my gears is seeing so many people using their phones while driving....still. I just don't understand the need to use a phone while driving, it's extremely dangerous but yet I see it happen almost daily on my drive to work & home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
This, plus they don't realize they are the ones causing the congestion. Had a guy in the left lane doing 50 MPH on 480 while reading his text or God knows what. Meanwhile car after car passing him on the right.
sitting in an empty restaurant then someone comes in, sits at a table next to your and starts yelling in their cell phone.
The restaurant doesn't even have to be empty for loud cell phone talker. More importantly, why do they always seat them next to you when the place is empty.
44bb221887e64e60bcf40fb4db44800a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
People in the fast lane that decide it's their Civic duty to keep the speed down......sheeeesh.

Sent from my Moto Z (2)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Edison. How can someone on the phone insist I have electricity when I've been sitting in the dark all day. Call the neighbors. They been sitting in the dark all day too. Some days I just feel the need to thin the herd.