Google Maps 5.0 choking the Droid Pro?

thedose

Reaction score
holy.....****....

just updated to google maps 5.0 and I must say, this is def making me love this phone some more!

Although I still find myself missing my blackberry :/

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Used it from DC to CT. Loads fast. Pulls contacts seamlessly. Reroutes fast. I may never use my Garmin again.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

scion676

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue as the OP with the DPro locking up entirely when I use the new updated Maps... It'll work for about 5 min just fine.. then suddenly starts locking up the system. Uninstall of the update fixes the issue for me. A bit of a shame. I do have Lookout installed though, does anyone think that could be interfering? (no task killer)

scion676

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue as the OP with the DPro locking up entirely when I use the new updated Maps... It'll work for about 5 min just fine.. then suddenly starts locking up the system. Uninstall of the update fixes the issue for me. A bit of a shame. I do have Lookout installed though, does anyone think that could be interfering? (no task killer)

bump... anyone?

androzza

Reaction score
My phone is still running the 4.x version, and hasn't received a push update. Perhaps Google knows about the problem and is working on a fix before pushing the update more widely?

krod301

Reaction score
My phone is still running the 4.x version, and hasn't received a push update. Perhaps Google knows about the problem and is working on a fix before pushing the update more widely?

You need to update the app yourself in the Market. A lot of the built-in Google apps are being updated through the market. Have you seen the new Youtube, it's an awesome update.

A trick to find out what google has updated in the market is to find an app that google makes first and then under Developer Info, tap on 'View more applications' to see all the apps they make.

rerlive

Reaction score
I saw the video about this with moto xoom.what's new, except the 3d?

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I'm running the updated one, works fine, but I have to force close out of the app about half the time. It just doesn't want to exit.

rerlive

Reaction score
I'm running the updated one, works fine, but I have to force close out of the app about half the time. It just doesn't want to exit.

It works fine by me. I just tried . But I'm so disappointing that there's no 3D building in china

bigr3dd0g

Reaction score
I have the same problem as OP. Google maps version 5 freezes up and force close...terrible timing too when you need to use the gps to get somewhere...

androzza

Reaction score
Any solutions to this problem? Google maps used to be a great app, now it's completely unusable.

UWSkier

Reaction score
Any solutions to this problem? Google maps used to be a great app, now it's completely unusable.

Downgrade to 4.5 or whatever the version is prior to the 5.0 update.
That's what I've had to do also. 4.5 runs smoothly. 5.0 will lock up when using Nav for minutes at a time, and force closed in map view periodically. Oh well.

scion676

Reaction score

Downgrade to 4.5 or whatever the version is prior to the 5.0 update.
That's what I've had to do also. 4.5 runs smoothly. 5.0 will lock up when using Nav for minutes at a time, and force closed in map view periodically. Oh well.

Yup. Same for me. At least we're not losing anything major by staying at 4.5... annoying though.