Google Maps 5.0 choking the Droid Pro?

paul.r

Reaction score
My Droid Pro doesn't seem to like the newest Google Maps. Basically causes the device to grind to a halt, frequently having to force closes, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid Pro doesn't seem to like the newest Google Maps. Basically causes the device to grind to a halt, frequently having to force closes, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

Are you running any task killers? Virus Protection?

Big_Ron

Reaction score
still running 4.5 updating to 5.0 let me see how it runs on mine

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uninstall Google maps. Test your phone without the app there. Does it run better? If yes, then reinstall Google Maps. Now check it again and see if problems reoccur.

There is really no reason why the app should be causing an issue. I'm thinking you got a bad install somehow.

OP
P

paul.r

Reaction score
I already rolled back to 4.5 and am going to enjoy that again for a little bit before trying to reinstall.

The big problems really seemed to start when I started using the tilt and rotate functions, even without the vector graphics. Neither are must-haves for me.

mbd4524

Reaction score
Is this update automatic? I still have not gotten mine yet. I am overseas now, maybe that's why. Any way to manually update it (I don't see it on the market here)?

pilotrose

Reaction score
8 am overseas as well and do not see google maps 5, or any at all rather in the marketplace. I do see it on appbrain and may try somehow to get it from there or something.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

mbd4524

Reaction score
8 am overseas as well and do not see google maps 5, or any at all rather in the marketplace. I do see it on appbrain and may try somehow to get it from there or something.

Just tried that. Although google maps is listed there, it does not seem possible to download. Let me know if you have any better luck.

mbd4524

Reaction score
Ok, solved my problem. I popped in the verizon sim card my phone came with (never used it), and I was able to upgrade.

pilotrose

Reaction score

Just tried that. Although google maps is listed there, it does not seem possible to download. Let me know if you have any better luck.

In case anyone else is having trouble upgrading to Google Maps 5.0 or loses it completely from there Droid Pro, you can download the APK file and install it that way from here:

Google maps 5 0 0 apk

Frow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My phone has been force closing in the maps app when i use the new tilt feature. other than that its working better

pilotrose

Reaction score
Gmap 5 is working just fine on my phone. Will let you know if I begin to have problems.

Big_Ron

Reaction score
running 5.0. works great. ran it in DC to Baltmore and home. never missed a turn and the rerout works great