Google Maps 5.0 choking the Droid Pro?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Downgrade to 4.5 or whatever the version is prior to the 5.0 update.
That's what I've had to do also. 4.5 runs smoothly. 5.0 will lock up when using Nav for minutes at a time, and force closed in map view periodically. Oh well.

Yup. Same for me. At least we're not losing anything major by staying at 4.5... annoying though.
How do you go back to 4.5 after you have installed 5.0?

scion676

Reaction score
That's what I've had to do also. 4.5 runs smoothly. 5.0 will lock up when using Nav for minutes at a time, and force closed in map view periodically. Oh well.

Yup. Same for me. At least we're not losing anything major by staying at 4.5... annoying though.
How do you go back to 4.5 after you have installed 5.0?

4.5 came preinstalled on the Droid Pro when I got it. I just unistalled the updates that 5.0 overlayed on the base install. Since 4.5 was factory installed I cannot remove google maps entirely without root.

becker2168

Reaction score
I had the same issue with MULTIPLE lock ups. If you have Shop Savvy on the machine...remove it. Once I removed Shop Savvy I uninstalled the Google Maps 5 update. Shut down, removed the battery for a few then reinstalled Google Maps 5. All has been working well for 2 days..the Navigator also works with no lock ups. Hope this helps.

scion676

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have shopsavvy on my Pro so that isn't the answer for me. I'm just sticking with 4.7 for the moment. Precaching and faster load times would be really nice but it just doesnt want to play nice on my droid pro at all :-/

tappin and a talkin from my droid pro

gqiq

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with Google Maps on my pro. IT freezes and crashes my phone. Uninstalled the update and am running 4.5. It's working very smoothly.

I'm running lookout but I don't think that's causing the problem. Will look for another update from google.