what job supports your Droid?

emscapt47

Reaction score
So what kind of job do you have that you use your Droid for? Is there any apps that help you do your job alittle easer? This should be a good thread...

toastedoats

Reaction score
I dont use my phone for work purposes since they wont pay for my phone. I just use the calculator app so that I dont have to dig through the papers on my desk to find my calculator.

I have used it to check my work email at times when my wife was busy on the PC at home.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use my Droid for work. That's what the company-supplied Blackberry is for.

iMpathetic

Reaction score
Hoping to be a camp counselor this summer, but at the moment, nothing.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I use mine for quick checks of my network equipment. VPN'd in the other night to shell to my router and reload it.

cpinto

Reaction score
So what kind of job do you have that you use your Droid for? Is there any apps that help you do your job alittle easer? This should be a good thread...

I'm a pilot for JetBlue Airways. The Droid has been perfect as it will access most of our secure areas on our company intranet for looking at your flight plans, trading trips, moving days off, weather, etc.

The push exchange email works perfect and is very fast.

During times of bad weather and extensive delays, the company sends out multiple emails during the day to update us on what is going. A phone with a good email feature is a must, for me anyway.

Craig

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Droid is my personal phone, I do get corp email on it by my choice.
Company issues LG Flip phones....(cheap azzes)

bristolcat

Reaction score
I do web development and some light IT support. It really helps me get an idea of how websites will look and function on a modern smartphone. I also take it with me when I have to go work on a computer that someone has screwed up because I can Google problems or errors as I sit there. So nice.

Riley

Reaction score
I use mine for both personal and work. I manage all the science labs at a local community college, so I use our exchange email for emails on the fly from home or when I'm not in my office, calendar for meetings, lab schedules etc, tracking orders, apps like periodic table, calculator and conversion stuff. Listening to music while I work from lab to lab. I also use the on-board document viewer for looking at notes and documents in meetings, although I'd like to get documents-to-go soon for my budgets spread sheets and editing abilities. I also keep running order lists on it for local vendors etc. I think without it I'd be lost at work, plus I save using lots of paper with it!

finnes

Reaction score
Time tracking

My Droid is primarily for personal use. The two ways I use it for work are: (1) myTimeSheet v2.5.3 for time tracking. The author has fixed bugs within a day of reporting. (2) PdaNet to download corporate e-mail to my company laptop when I'm on the train.

rod

Reaction score
can i just say phone? :laugh: im a contractor, so phone=lifeline. and the droid works out great because of the network ive come to love. with hardly any issues with the service, my phone can actually make calls when and where i need. thats all i ask. why didnt i just get a cheap phone then? because my droid is otherwise for fun! i love this thing, its a personal computer in my pocket, a music player in my truck, a web browser wherever i am, and did i mention it makes calls?

dancingDroid.gif
dancingDroid.gif
dancingDroid.gif

dneall7

Reaction score
I've got a work supplied van and the cigarette lighter input crapped out on me so I cant listen to my Sirius... so I use my Droid every morning to listen to Howard Stern on Droid Live. I set it behind me on the shelf and its plenty loud enough. Also I use the GPS often to get to different work locations.

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
I work at at home improvement store. I use my phone to check competitors pricing and get directions for delivery, also use it to pull up more detailed product info for customers. I love my Droid and so do my customers!

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I'm an attorney. The most important thing is exchange email. Other than that, I use Navigation to get to meetings out of town/state, voice recorder when I forget my dictaphone, and web browser for all kinds of things.