What is the DROID sound ??

droid-ed

Reaction score
Hi All

Ok so my son wants a phone for XMas ...I took him in he found one he liked ...I told him we would think about it . While there I picked out the Droid for myself as I was up for a new phone..

I got the phones on Monday and he had no idea that he is getting a phone.for Christmas Having said that my phone was in my coat pocket and hung over the chair in the kitchen the phone said DROID..my son was right there he pulled it out and saw it ..i told him it was on loan I was trying it out ..I hope he is still surprised Christmas morning

Thought I would share my story ...Anyways the phone keeps say Droid every so often and I don't know why

Any help ..would be appreciated

Happy Holidays
Ed

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Ok so my son wants a phone for XMas ...I took him in he found one he liked ...I told him we would think about it . While there I picked out the Droid for myself as I was up for a new phone..

I got the phones on Monday and he had no idea that he is getting a phone.for Christmas Having said that my phone was in my coat pocket and hung over the chair in the kitchen the phone said DROID..my son was right there he pulled it out and saw it ..i told him it was on loan I was trying it out ..I hope he is still surprised Christmas morning

Thought I would share my story ...Anyways the phone keeps say Droid every so often and I don't know why

Happy Holidays
Ed

That's the standard notification alert. Emails, and things like that. Usually with me I have it said up for emails. You can silence it in the settings.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Hi All

Happy Holidays
Ed

I think that if you go into your settings and change the notifications sound, you can get it to stop saying Droid.

And I think your son will be surprised or relieved. Just because you are thinking about a Droid for yourself, that doesn't mean you were willing to buy one for him, too!:D

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can also go into the menu settings of each app that would create a notification and customize whether those apps alert you and in what way.

so there is an overall system notification sound and then there is a setting for email, messaging, fb, calendar, or anything else that would pop up a notification.

i like having the sounds different so i know if i can ignore the notifications or not. plus, having the system notification its own sound will help you to identify if there is a problem with your phone.

OP
D

droid-ed

Reaction score
Thanksguys ...I just found the setting for overall I think ..but I can't seem to find it for email

Thanks
Ed

Edited fro horrible grammar

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thnask
guys ...I just found the setting for overall Inthink ..but I can't seem to find it for email

Thansk
Ed
email - menu - settings - email notifications (check) / select rington / vibrate

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya, that "Droid" sound tends to get a lot of looks when it goes off :icon_ banana:

Silver Member
Reaction score
about a week ago, i was going back and forth between mounting my sd card with my PC and trying other things. i think i made that sound go off 20 times in an hour. pretty sure people were pissed with me. i eventually turned the sound off.

tu3218

Reaction score
when im around certain people and the "droid" goes off, they actually repeat it lol mostly my friends an family. I just find it funny how it realllly catches peoples attention.

FireDroid

Reaction score
It is weird, on my other phone I had a loud obnoxious tone so I would hear it at work (firefighter) and no one batted an eye, NOW when my phone says DROOOOIIIIDDDD they all take notice and say it back!!!! I think it is funny!

nyyfan

Reaction score
when im around certain people and the "droid" goes off, they actually repeat it lol mostly my friends an family. I just find it funny how it realllly catches peoples attention.

haha the same thing happens to me, all of my roommates start saying "DROID!!!" now they do it even though ive changed the notification