What is the best Droid as of June 2012?

Petemeistro75

Reaction score
I am still looking to buy but everytime I do they comeout with something new. Can anyone recommend the best droid out there something that will obliterate the iphone?

Caesars

Reaction score
It really depends on what you want out of a phone, what do you want out of a phone?

Reaction score
Just as the poster above mentioned it depends on what you want.

If you are interested in a phone that had great development, the GNex is probably the way to go.

If you are not into rooting and flashing custom roms and don't plan to, the Razr Maxx is probably the best they have.

There is supposed to be a razr hd coming out but it will likely be after the family share plans are effective. However, the big difference with that is going to be a better screen. Of course, the higher resolution screen will likely equal less battery life than the current maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

OP
P

Petemeistro75

Reaction score
Ok thanks which one would have the best photos/video? Is the samsung galaxy 3 worth considering?

Last edited:
B

bens42608

As of June 2012 , RAZR maxx or the bionic if you'd like a removable battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Check out the differences between...

-Razr or Razr Maxx (same phone but different battery)
-Samsung Galaxy Nexus
-HTC Rezound and the
-Samsung Galaxy S3 (which can be pre-ordered now)

Those are the most recent 4g phones that are available now. See what features you like, read the forums on the ones you like best and feel free to ask questions. Happy shopping!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Petemeistro75 said:
Ok thanks which one would have the best photos/video? Is the samsung galaxy 3 worth considering?

The best camera... Rezound. With an extended battery thrown in it's a killer phone. You can also root and rom it like the Nexus. The bootloader can be unlocked.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Razr Maxx has the best battery life but the Rezound you can get an extended battery (that is what my son did). Many people who have had both the Rezound and the Razr have said that the Rezound takes better pictures. I do think my Maxx takes good pictures though. I am not as familiar with the nexus except for what I've read in the forums. It seems the most common complaint with the nexus is poor phone reception and data reception.

Snoking

Reaction score
I went from an OG for a year half to a rooted CM7 OG which gave me a taste of better things. So the last week of Feb I got a Rezound and then the extended battery for it and I love it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, my son loves his Rezound. He wanted an iPhone because that is what everyone was using away at school. I have him an old Android phone and told him to try that first before getting the iPhone. He liked and Android and chose the Rezound. His friends at school with iPhones wished they had Android. It was my second choice for a phone. I think I would've also been very happy with it. I think it is a solid phone with a great ui, great hardware and so far no problems at all.

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
I had a Rezound but returned it because the battery drained quickly, and I had the extended battery in it too...The screen was gorgeous