Best Cheap Noise Canceling Headphones for Droid

DogPaw

Reaction score
I am looking for the best in-ear noise canceling headphones for my Droid. I know Bose and those guys make the high end stuff but I am looking for an under $25 pair that I can buy 1 or 2 of to keep in my travel bag and around the house.

Has anybody had any luck with one they would recommend?

M1dnite

Reaction score
I am looking for the best in-ear noise canceling headphones for my Droid. I know Bose and those guys make the high end stuff but I am looking for an under $25 pair that I can buy 1 or 2 of to keep in my travel bag and around the house.

Has anybody had any luck with one they would recommend?

Make sure you use the accessories forum next time please.

Cheap and noise cancellation headphones are almost an oxymoron. Your going to spend about 50 bucks or so. Try onsale.com for sale.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I would recommend just a nice pair of sound isolating (the earplug type) headphones. Ive had both active noise cancelling headphones (over ear cup type) and the sound isolating earplug type (Shure SCL4) and I like my earplug ones way more in terms of sound blocking and sound reproduction.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ironically, i just purchased Able Planet True Fidelity (NC300B)... from initially playing around with them, they work pretty well... active noise cancellation is decent, as is the sound quality. i snagged them for $50 on bestbuy.com on sale...

RubberSoul

Reaction score
I just picked up these jvc marshmallows yesterday at walmart for 9.99 (black) check out the cnet.com review. Awsome value.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Firstly... Nothing Bose makes is worth even 1/10th the asking price when taking actual sonic characteristics into consideration - NOTHING.

Secondly... All IEM (In Ear Monitor) earspeakers incorporate some degree of 'noise canceling' due to the very nature of their designs.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want a measure of sound-quality in an IEM, I suggest the Soundmagic PL30 SoundMagic PL-30 Professional IEM - Free Fiio E3 - Free Shipping [PL30] - $28.48 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player.

Enjoy!​

jefbystereo

Reaction score
thats not a bad deal. I have the newer fiio E5 and love it. My shures pick up noise from my ipods amp so I use it as a load as well as to boost the bass.

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
I've been doing my research on it with prices based on Amazon.com. The ones I found most interesting are: Zune Premium Headphones, Skullcandy Titans, Skullcandy Smokin Buds, V Moda Bass Freq, Razer Moray, and Altec Lansing Backbeat. I'm currently still deciding on which one I should get, but I'm pretty sure I'm going for the Altec Lansing Backbeat since its cheap and it gets the job done. One of the thing that all those headphones share in common is durability. They don't last that long so be sure to pick a company with warranty that suits you.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Firstly... Nothing Bose makes is worth even 1/10th the asking price when taking actual sonic characteristics into consideration - NOTHING.

Secondly... All IEM (In Ear Monitor) earspeakers incorporate some degree of 'noise canceling' due to the very nature of their designs.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want a measure of sound-quality in an IEM, I suggest the Soundmagic PL30 SoundMagic PL-30 Professional IEM - Free Fiio E3 - Free Shipping [PL30] - $28.48 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player.

Enjoy!​

Thats not true, I swear by my bose earphones.

ericwiz

Reaction score
I bought the Klipsch Image S4 earphones

They are about $80 and are the best sounding earphones I have tried. They will easily compare with earphones 2 to 3 times more expensive. These are sound isolating and not active noise cancelling.

The main difference between the two is that the sound iso block the sound waves to the ear (like ear plugs do) and the active noise cancel send an inverse wave to 'cancel' the sound. This will still put the pressure on your ears.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I got a pair of Motorola EH20 last weekend for $20 at Frys. Block out a fair amount of external noise and have an in-line mic which is one feature I really needed in a pair of headphones.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
I picked up the the jvc marshmallows at Wal-Mart and not impressed. My cheap old Big Lots head phones have better sound!