1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best Cheap Noise Canceling Headphones for Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DogPaw, Dec 17, 2009.

1. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

I am looking for the best in-ear noise canceling headphones for my Droid. I know Bose and those guys make the high end stuff but I am looking for an under $25 pair that I can buy 1 or 2 of to keep in my travel bag and around the house.

Has anybody had any luck with one they would recommend?
  2. M1dnite

M1dnite New Member

Make sure you use the accessories forum next time please.

Cheap and noise cancellation headphones are almost an oxymoron. Your going to spend about 50 bucks or so. Try onsale.com for sale.
  3. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

I would recommend just a nice pair of sound isolating (the earplug type) headphones. Ive had both active noise cancelling headphones (over ear cup type) and the sound isolating earplug type (Shure SCL4) and I like my earplug ones way more in terms of sound blocking and sound reproduction.
  4. TravisA

TravisA New Member

5. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

ironically, i just purchased Able Planet True Fidelity (NC300B)... from initially playing around with them, they work pretty well... active noise cancellation is decent, as is the sound quality. i snagged them for $50 on bestbuy.com on sale...
  6. RubberSoul

RubberSoul New Member

I just picked up these jvc marshmallows yesterday at walmart for 9.99 (black) check out the cnet.com review. Awsome value.
  7. DaHarder

DaHarder New Member

Firstly... Nothing Bose makes is worth even 1/10th the asking price when taking actual sonic characteristics into consideration - NOTHING.

Secondly... All IEM (In Ear Monitor) earspeakers incorporate some degree of 'noise canceling' due to the very nature of their designs.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, yet still want a measure of sound-quality in an IEM, I suggest the Soundmagic PL30 SoundMagic PL-30 Professional IEM - Free Fiio E3 - Free Shipping [PL30] - $28.48 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player.

Enjoy!​
  8. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

thats not a bad deal. I have the newer fiio E5 and love it. My shures pick up noise from my ipods amp so I use it as a load as well as to boost the bass.
  9. ezeddiekun

ezeddiekun New Member

I've been doing my research on it with prices based on Amazon.com. The ones I found most interesting are: Zune Premium Headphones, Skullcandy Titans, Skullcandy Smokin Buds, V Moda Bass Freq, Razer Moray, and Altec Lansing Backbeat. I'm currently still deciding on which one I should get, but I'm pretty sure I'm going for the Altec Lansing Backbeat since its cheap and it gets the job done. One of the thing that all those headphones share in common is durability. They don't last that long so be sure to pick a company with warranty that suits you.
  10. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

hehe I use Bose noice cancelling on ear headphones.
  11. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

Thats not true, I swear by my bose earphones.
  12. ericwiz

ericwiz New Member

I bought the Klipsch Image S4 earphones

They are about $80 and are the best sounding earphones I have tried. They will easily compare with earphones 2 to 3 times more expensive. These are sound isolating and not active noise cancelling.

The main difference between the two is that the sound iso block the sound waves to the ear (like ear plugs do) and the active noise cancel send an inverse wave to 'cancel' the sound. This will still put the pressure on your ears.
  13. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

I got a pair of Motorola EH20 last weekend for $20 at Frys. Block out a fair amount of external noise and have an in-line mic which is one feature I really needed in a pair of headphones.
  14. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

I picked up the the jvc marshmallows at Wal-Mart and not impressed. My cheap old Big Lots head phones have better sound!
  15. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Skullcandy buds.
  16. rda990

rda990 Member

Yup...I have the ink'd skull candys (20 retail ,13 ebay) and they are one of the best pair of headphones I have had...when you put them on you can't hear anything outside and the best part is the bass sounds really good.
  17. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Yup, they are king. My inked buds lasted a year (with teen age girls pulling on them) I upgraded to the 40 dollar ones and couldn't be happier, as I keep them away from my daughter and her friends!
  18. jeebuss1

jeebuss1 New Member

I have been using the skullcandy titans for a couple of weeks and I'm very impressed. Very well made and sound great. I think I'm going to have to try a pair of the PL-30's though.
  19. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Denon is what will be in and over my ears for years to come. Amazing sound and design. I believe they make a pair thats under $50 but im not sure.
    (Btw, 200th post! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:)

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  20. funken

funken New Member

The V Moda Bass Freq have amazing sound and bass for $25 earphones... that is once you get the seal correct with your ears.
Search tags for this page
android noise cancelling headphones
android over the ear noise cancelling headphones
best cheap noise cancelling headphones
best cheapest earphones
best head phones for droid
best noise cancelling headphones android

best noise cancelling headphones for android

best price on headphones for my droid
best under rm200 earphone for android
cheaper noise cancelling headphones
how do earbuds work