BOSE Releases Wireless Headphones With Quiet Comfort Noise Cancellation!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
718BnoOGt3L._SL1479_.jpg

Wires are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Instead of using ethernet most of us almost exclusively use Wifi or cellular data. House phones have been wireless for over a decade. Cable boxes now receive their signals wirelessly. Cell phones can charge without being plugged in. Hopefully one day even electricity will flow freely through the air as wires become extinct.

The best in class noise cancellation from Bose is now available in their wireless headphones! The new Bose QuietComfort 35 and Quiet Comfort 30 have just been released. The QC35 feature around the ear cups while the QC30 feature in-ear buds. Both allow you to adjust the level of noise you want coming in. The QC35 are now available while the QC30 headphones will be available in September. This looks like the perfect Father's day gift!

Bose QC35 Wireless Headphones

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I still swear by the cord when it comes to PC gaming. The last thing I need is a battery going dead in my headset or something messing up the frequency of my mouse. Not to mention I'm on AT&T's new gigabit U-Verse and it's pretty sweet...you'd never get connection speeds like they're offering over WiFi.

Even so, I do enjoy my wireless earbuds. I should probably buy a nice wireless set of headphones...though not for $350.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
$350!! For that cost, these things should...I'll stop there, it's a family friendly site.:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The other issue is that Bluetooth still isn't as high quality sound as wired will give you. Some headphones will sound great to most people but audiophiles can still tell the difference.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other issue is that Bluetooth still isn't as high quality sound as wired will give you. Some headphones will sound great to most people but audiophiles can still tell the difference.

They don't have the depth of wired. Back in the days of analog we called it stereo separation and airiness. Listen to a copy of Joe Jackson Body and Soul on a great pair of Bluetooth and it doesn't sound any better than a pair of Skull Candy wired in the above I mentioned but listen of a great pair of wired and you almost feel like you're in the room they recorded the album in. Same with just about anything recorded at Red Rocks before they closed it down.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Back when I was in the business we had a saying... No highs, no lows, gotta be Bose..... They were the kings of tiny displays huge sound selling... But it did work... I could NEVER see the justification for the cost for Bose... Especially when I could piece together an Onkyo or Harmon Kardon system that sounded just as good with more options for about 2/3 the cost...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
They don't have the depth of wired. Back in the days of analog we called it stereo separation and airiness. Listen to a copy of Joe Jackson Body and Soul on a great pair of Bluetooth and it doesn't sound any better than a pair of Skull Candy wired in the above I mentioned but listen of a great pair of wired and you almost feel like you're in the room they recorded the album in. Same with just about anything recorded at Red Rocks before they closed it down.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Back when I was in the business we had a saying... No highs, no lows, gotta be Bose..... They were the kings of tiny displays huge sound selling... But it did work... I could NEVER see the justification for the cost for Bose... Especially when I could piece together an Onkyo or Harmon Kardon system that sounded just as good with more options for about 2/3 the cost...
You both get it. Bose is probably the single most highly overrated manufacturer of audio equipment that I can recall in recent times. It's not overrated necessarily because it sounds terrible, but that it sounds okay and yet much sweeter sounding equipment can be afforded for a significantly less cost, and the end result is an audiophile system that shames the Bose systems.

Take the 800, 900, 400 series speakers from Bose as an example. They're a collage of a terrible speaker design with an array of drivers which are both a strange size (4.5"), and a strange shape (3-point mounting), and have a terrible waveform frequency response.

$_35.JPG

bose_802_iii_speaker_systems_80759543.jpg

That is then manipulated with an external equalizer device called a Controller, to both take the place of a proper crossover and basically distort the frequency response to as close to a flat frequency response as possible, but then with emphasis on certain ranges in the frequencies that make it sound "better" in the opinion of the engineers.

The eight primary drivers in the speakers are wired together in a quasi series and parallel criss cross arrangement such that it makes all of the individual drivers interdependent on each other. Should one driver fail as a result of this strange wiring harness, instead of the speaker sounding slightly muted from less air being moved, several of the interdependent drivers also fail, the speaker's resistance goes off the charts risking damaging the amplifier and the entire frequency response goes out the window.

These drivers were also not designed to withstand the range of frequencies that they're being squeezed to produce, as well as the amount of power that's being forced through them, so what happens is you get an increased level of distortion that the controller is then faced with dealing with as well. This also leads to premature failure.

Don't get me wrong, Bose does have some interesting and even very worthy advancements in technology under their belt. In fact there is one that I would love to see come to market in a broad-based way, it's their active suspension technology which basically creates active pistons on each of the four individual wheels of a car that are servo controlled by a central processing unit and not only can alleviate a bumpy ride but actually predict and take evasive actions to offset uneven road surfaces. They're even capable of actually jumping over things should the need arise. They also provide tremendous stability during turns so that you don't get that leaning you get with other cars, and it makes handling the vehicle and taking evasive actions that much safer and easier.

This is essentially noise cancellation but in a motion rather than sound environment.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd have to say that Westone is the BEST personal audio company out there..for iem's . That said..jl audio and using up to 20 drivers....has me perplexed..but I won't risk the coin when I can get westones for half the price and waiting time.