What HTC says about ICS for Rez

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
In response to my email that I recently sent asking where the hell my ICS was, this is what I got:

I know how important it is to have the latest software available on your Rezound. I’m sorry that you’ve had to wait so long, but I’ll be glad to help you. We expect to have all of our ICS compatible devices updated by the end of August. I understand that our website gave an estimate of June-July. We’re working as hard as we can to meet this deadline, but partner and network testing can delay this process. When the update is available, you will receive a notification on your device prompting you to update. Also, you can keep a check on our social networking feeds, listed below, for the latest HTC information. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let us know. Thanks for being an HTC customer and taking the time to contact us.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
At least they answered you. Did it include a disclaimer about changing the date again?

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Reaction score
With all this delay and testing they're not gonna have any excuses (or user tolerance) for bugs when it finally arrives.....

Escobar

Reaction score
I hate this phone more and more as the date gets pushed back more. I used to love this thing but now I'm just too fed up with all of the crap

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
It seemed like they were done with it seeing as how they posted it was ready for download, then (my guess is) verizon had them take it down. If it was verizon and I was HTC i would call them out on it but its starting to get ridiculous. I wouldnt be suprised if they decided to wait until the first birthday of the rezound and released it then. Im sure they would say they wanted to wait to give it to us then so that it was "special". And verizon says nothing about it. Ive probably sent close to 10 emails and have had no response........Way to go vzw customer service!! :clap: Cant wait to get my early januar....errr....early august ics release

Snoking

Reaction score
I want, I want! Face it the Rezound is a good smart phone and maybe the best Verizon currently has. ICS will come sooner or later and it "may" be a better phone then. It however is not a bad phone now!!! So relax! Verizon is in bed with Motorola so we have to live with that fact and the ICS delay. Money talks and Verizon got greased with Razr/Maxx cash/rebates or whatever. That's life! Live with it, VZW still has the best network, so we are not running off the the others, right?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate this phone more and more as the date gets pushed back more. I used to love this thing but now I'm just too fed up with all of the crap

Really? The phone sucks because it doesn't have ics? What about jb? Will it suck once it gets ics but doesn't have jelly bean?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

vatothe0

Reaction score
Really? The phone sucks because it doesn't have ics? What about jb? Will it suck once it gets ics but doesn't have jelly bean?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Works great with the recent ICS leak. Zero problems.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you loved the phone when you got it, how does the ICS delay cause you to hate it? ICS or not, it's still the exact same phone you "used to love". It's not like it suddenly transformed itself into a pile of junk just because ICS isn't out yet.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Works great with the recent ICS leak. Zero problems.

According to the post I quoted, performance doesn't matter. Using the phone is hated because it doesn't have ics analogy will continue once it gets it because jelly bean will be the latest and since it won't have that it is hated, regardless of performance

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

corki2

Reaction score
I love my Rezound with or without ICS. I am running the ICS leak and have had no issues. Given that the leak runs perfectly on here, I wonder why it's taking so long to finalize it and release it. I don't know what they could be doing to improve it further.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Escobar

Reaction score
Combine the awful battery with the lies about ics, it's getting on my nerves. Seriously about to use this upgrade I have saved up on an SIII

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Escobar said:
Combine the awful battery with the lies about ics, it's getting on my nerves. Seriously about to use this upgrade I have saved up on an SIII

Hope you enjoy it

cdm369

Reaction score
Every phone/company is going to have issues. It could be worse...you could have a moto and be dealing with their ics issues and I can tell you the leaked ics for resound runs great. I have a friend with a razor and he hates the update. Your phone is already better than the moto. Anything other than moto will be put off anyway.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

That is very unfortunate.

Patience is a virtue I guess...