What HTC says about ICS for Rez

cdm369

Reaction score
PhDCow said:
The grammar alone is making me twitch.

I was in a corporate store today, getting a new line set up for my business. While I was waiting for everything to go through, we were talking about how much I love my Rezound. Now take this with as much of a salt shaker as you need, but the sales reps were told that it would start coming to us after the 17th. Basically once the Razr is done, we get it. One of the reps pulled the file down from HTC's website for the 2 seconds it was on and it was NOT good. He said that Sense and ICS were having conflicts. So we'll see what happens.

I can tell you personally that sense is not having conflicts with ics. Vzw may be having a problem getting their bloat working. But the leak works fine. I have had NO issues at all. And many others will tell you the same. I think the issues would have been between moto owners and Vzw if rezound got ours first.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
MJKneuro said:
Hope you enjoy it

Just remember if u use that upgrade u have get the new shared plan

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Yeah anyways if anyone wanted Ics that bad they would just download the leak

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't blame the reps. It's just another case of garbage in garbage out. They tell what they've been told to tell. It doesn't make them stupid, they just want to keep their job and the only ones who truly know anything learn from boards like this one. If you tell them *228 didn't update your PRL and they want to argue that it did, that's a different story.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

N4UPD

Reaction score
Is this a case where the ICS leak may be better than the OTA version? For the rezound I mean.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ICS has been out for 8 months and only about 10% of all android devices are officially running it. this is not just a Rezound issue.

Android's Ice Cream Sandwich share breaks 10% - latimes.com

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was said it would alleviate fragmentation yet jelly bean is being released before 1/4 of eligible Android devices have it. I've been told this is the manufacturers fault for delaying release onto their devices but I'm not convinced that that is the total truth and if it is , I still fault Google for not lighting a fire under said manufacturers and or carriers. No matter whose fault it is it makes Android look unreliable when compared to "other" OS devices.
If not for all the frivolous lawsuits being done by Apple as a distraction, more folks would probably be more frustrated with Google for the perception of abandoning their product to the whims of those who manufacture mobile devices with Android onboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

PhDCow

Reaction score
It's amusing/sad that each VZW employee I see has a different story. Great job by Big Red on the misinformation campaign.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It was said it would alleviate fragmentation yet jelly bean is being released before 1/4 of eligible Android devices have it. I've been told this is the manufacturers fault for delaying release onto their devices but I'm not convinced that that is the total truth and if it is , I still fault Google for not lighting a fire under said manufacturers and or carriers. No matter whose fault it is it makes Android look unreliable when compared to "other" OS devices.
If not for all the frivolous lawsuits being done by Apple as a distraction, more folks would probably be more frustrated with Google for the perception of abandoning their product to the whims of those who manufacture mobile devices with Android onboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Google is only the software licenser. How can it possibly be their fault? Could you blame Microsoft for not upgrading your XP machine to Vista or Win7? Each and every Android handset manufacturer is technically the software manufacturer as well(with the exception of the Nexus line). Google can use their weight to nudge manufacturers but carriers are still the choke point. You also have to remember that most people don't know about new versions of Android. They're mostly happy(or will use what they have) and wouldn't know better unless someone like us(from the forums etc) tell/show them. The handful of people screaming for O/S upgrades are the severe minority.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason for slow updates is the fault of the phone carriers, and the phone manufacturers are not happy about this, this is the reason Samsung put their foot down and kept their phone the same with every carrier, same software and same look all throughout, this is the first time I have seen a manufacturer has kept the phone company's name in the back of the phone. Did you all know that Verizon had placed a huge order with Palm " one big reason they went under" thousands of phones, then cancelled last minute and went with the droid, because they had more control of what bloatware went on the phone, it has come to the point were the US phone carriers are telling the phone manufacturers what type of phone to build and when, they have slowed innovation to a crawl, same reason that Europe always get the more advanced phones before us, no such thing as two year contracts.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Snoking

Reaction score
I quit worrying about it. My extended batteriy Rezound works great. We got 4G recently and I leave that on all the time and get a day to day and a half between charges. Now when I go out on the boat to marginal signal areas the battery drains much faster even when set to CDMA AUTO. That is not a OS issue.

tony4life

Reaction score
Not necessarily true

Just remember if u use that upgrade u have get the new shared plan

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

What's your source for this statement? VZW policy is now that if you upgrade your handset (HARDWARE) you have to options:
1. To receive a subsidized handset (discounted price) you must select one of their new data share plans. That's significant if you're on an unlimited data plan.
2. If you're on an unlimited data plan and wish to keep it, you must pay full price for a new handset.

There is no mention anywhere else of having to switch to a new VZW data plan for updating your OS software!

tony4life

Reaction score
A systems that's doomed to collapse: Wireless Carrier Control in the USA

The reason for slow updates is the fault of the phone carriers, and the phone manufacturers are not happy about this, this is the reason Samsung put their foot down and kept their phone the same with every carrier, same software and same look all throughout, this is the first time I have seen a manufacturer has kept the phone company's name in the back of the phone. Did you all know that Verizon had placed a huge order with Palm " one big reason they went under" thousands of phones, then cancelled last minute and went with the droid, because they had more control of what bloatware went on the phone, it has come to the point were the US phone carriers are telling the phone manufacturers what type of phone to build and when, they have slowed innovation to a crawl, same reason that Europe always get the more advanced phones before us, no such thing as two year contracts.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

I'm with you! My perspective is this: If the carriers would embrace Android OS updates as a high priority, they would increase sales of Android handsets and tablets. Why? Because if they did, consumers would know they weren't purchasing equipment that would be aged within months because in many cases, new versions of the OS would improve hardware functionality. Therefore, if a new version of the OS is compatible with a handset, immediately get a team of people (from the carrier) to work with the manufacturer so they can test the new version on the carriers system SOONER. It could save them months in development and testing and make consumers really happy! Happy consumers buy lots of stuff and don't feel like complaining! Word gets out that Android consumers are taken care of, there will also be fewer people jumping to iOS out of frustration. Remember, there are some people who are better suited to iOS. However, it's a shame when someone goes to iOS only because they reached a level of frustration (and with some people, anger) with the delay of OS releases and lack of support or communication. What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be great if carriers cut the release time in half and we could actually use a new version of the Android OS for a few months before Google releases another new version?

Escobar

Reaction score
tony4life said:
I'm with you! My perspective is this: If the carriers would embrace Android OS updates as a high priority, they would increase sales of Android handsets and tablets. Why? Because if they did, consumers would know they weren't purchasing equipment that would be aged within months because in many cases, new versions of the OS would improve hardware functionality. Therefore, if a new version of the OS is compatible with a handset, immediately get a team of people (from the carrier) to work with the manufacturer so they can test the new version on the carriers system SOONER. It could save them months in development and testing and make consumers really happy! Happy consumers buy lots of stuff and don't feel like complaining! Word gets out that Android consumers are taken care of, there will also be fewer people jumping to iOS out of frustration. Remember, there are some people who are better suited to iOS. However, it's a shame when someone goes to iOS only because they reached a level of frustration (and with some people, anger) with the delay of OS releases and lack of support or communication. What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be great if carriers cut the release time in half and we could actually use a new version of the Android OS for a few months before Google releases another new version?

I like your vision. Hopefully we see this with Google releasing the source code earlier on now.

sweaner

Reaction score
There is no mention anywhere else of having to switch to a new VZW data plan for updating your OS software!

He was talking about using an upgrade for a new phone, not upgrading the software.