What HTC says about ICS for Rez

maximum

Reaction score
Combine the awful battery with the lies about ics, it's getting on my nerves. Seriously about to use this upgrade I have saved up on an SIII

Hope you didn't have unlimited data to go with that upgrade. If so I believe your to late.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bochoa

Reaction score
Noone is saying they hate there phone, but its like a new game or update to a game, everyone wants the benefits and the feel for feeling like their system is not forgotten, everyone is just pissed at vzw and they should be, they just want a new and less glithchy UI, that's all

Reaction score
I agree with Bochoa, we should clearly all be frustrated with big red right now.....but what coarse do we have? Seems like we just need to wait it out and hope for better treatment on future updates. It seems most of us agree that HTC phones are (at least currently) are far superior to most alternatives.

Escobar

Reaction score
That's the worst part, this phone is superior to any other phone that wasn't launched with ics, and it still gets ignored because big red doesn't care. If the maxx was out in November I would have gotten it instead. Despite the terrible camera and non hd screen. Battery life is off course much better and it'll actually see updates.

Bochoa

Reaction score
Thank you, now does anyone have any idea to get this info to vzw, and tell them how bad they suck because they won't update a better phone than moto first

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every phone/company is going to have issues. It could be worse...you could have a moto and be dealing with their ics issues and I can tell you the leaked ics for resound runs great. I have a friend with a razor and he hates the update. Your phone is already better than the moto. Anything other than moto will be put off anyway.
Eh, I'll take my "crappy" ICS...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone here who can not wait, just install the latest leak, works like a charm. I have posted a step by step instruction how to load it to your phone, it's easy as apple pie.
http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11. ENJOY ICS.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
4ccbfa0f-02fc-250a.jpg
Vzw finnaly responded to an email I sent a week ago and I posted pic of what they had to say

Sent from Rezound

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341522633493.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341522633493.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 337

cdm369

Reaction score
Brightonbrad said:
Vzw finnaly responded to an email I sent a week ago and I posted pic of what they had to say

Sent from Rezound

Vzw is so full of it. Those of us who have downloaded the leaks can attest that it is ready for release. Vzw is holding it up. And as usual people who work for big red don't have a clue. Vzw is still seeing to the moto devices and they probably haven't got all their crapware done for the rezound. After all, look how long ago its been since a leak for the rezound came out. Says a lot to me. Download the leak...it works great. It will most likely be the ota when its pushed anyway.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
I feel like writing back to call them out but I would just get another default response. If htc was in charge then it would be out. No one is stupid enough to still beleive anything these morons say. It's become more of a precedence than a want. We shouldn't have to do the work to get ics. I'm fine waiting it'd just the fact that we should have already had it.

Sent from Rezound

PhDCow

Reaction score
The grammar alone is making me twitch.

I was in a corporate store today, getting a new line set up for my business. While I was waiting for everything to go through, we were talking about how much I love my Rezound. Now take this with as much of a salt shaker as you need, but the sales reps were told that it would start coming to us after the 17th. Basically once the Razr is done, we get it. One of the reps pulled the file down from HTC's website for the 2 seconds it was on and it was NOT good. He said that Sense and ICS were having conflicts. So we'll see what happens.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
PhDCow said:
The grammar alone is making me twitch.

I was in a corporate store today, getting a new line set up for my business. While I was waiting for everything to go through, we were talking about how much I love my Rezound. Now take this with as much of a salt shaker as you need, but the sales reps were told that it would start coming to us after the 17th. Basically once the Razr is done, we get it. One of the reps pulled the file down from HTC's website for the 2 seconds it was on and it was NOT good. He said that Sense and ICS were having conflicts. So we'll see what happens.

Having conflicts? Really? Once again they have no idea what they are talking about. If that is what the guy actually saw then someone is feeding him a bunch BS. It's nothing but a stall tactic on VZ's part. My phone, with the second leak, has never ran better. No conflicts at all. And everyone in here who has one of the leaks will say the same thing.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Snoking

Reaction score
The conflict is Motorola wanted it first! And we SHT.