HTC Sensation XE Android 4.0 ICS update now seeding

cp24eva

Reaction score
Title says it all. At least HTC is giving some of their customers some love. When will our tickets be chosen? May the odds be ever in your favor!

Original article here: HTC Sensation XE Android 4.0 ICS update now seeding - GSMArena.com news

The Android 4.0 ICS update marathon for the non-Nexus devices has just begun. HTC drew first blood and started seeding the latest edition of the Google OS to itsSensation XE former flagship. Also included in the package is an updated Sense UI, carrying the version number 3.6.

So far, we've received confirmation of the Android 4.0 update being seeded to Sensation XE units in Germany and the Nordic countries, but we expect the rest of Europe to follow soon. Global availability can't be far away too, knowing the HTC usual practices.
You can check if the update is available for your region under Software Updates in the Settings menu. Keep in mind that the update requires a download of a file nearly 300MB in size, so you better use a Wi-Fi connection for it.
If yours isn't among the lucky units to have the update already and you don't feel like waiting, you can follow this link to the always useful XDA-developers forum to download the files and flash it yourselves.

Insidious

Reaction score
Good job HTC. They actually got an update out in a timely manner! Seems like they've gotten pretty good at updates lately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
eh, I'm still not impressed. This seems to be mainly for the Nordic region. I wonder where HTC sells most of their phones. Because where ever that place is, they should push it there first. If the Nordic region happens to be their honey pot, then bravo. But if the US is where they make their sales at, then I'd say booooooo. lol. but still, yes they are makin' it happen with their release of ICS.

WA_Bob

Reaction score
eh, I'm still not impressed. This seems to be mainly for the Nordic region. I wonder where HTC sells most of their phones. Because where ever that place is, they should push it there first. If the Nordic region happens to be their honey pot, then bravo. But if the US is where they make their sales at, then I'd say booooooo. lol. but still, yes they are makin' it happen with their release of ICS.

Well, if they sell their least amount of phones in the Nordic region it could be considered an extended soak test.

dzone67

Reaction score
So the HTC Rezound is supposed to receive it by the end of March?

Sent from a Rezound!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no firm date on the Rezound ICS update. There won't be any date until Verizon sets it. Remember OTA's have to get approved by Verizon which includes the HTC ROM inseminated with Verizon bloatware.