What does "Root" mean?

ConectUS

Reaction score
I see this term all along and admit I have no clue what it means. Any help will be appreciated.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that the 'THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS' thread should be a sticky here in the 'General Discussions' forum?

I know that the thread hook referenced is in the hacking forum, and I understand why. However, the vast majority of users come to this forum, especially those that do not know what rooting is, and are curious. If you don't know what it is to 'root' your phone, chances are very slim that you would be visiting the 'hacking' forum, and therefore would never see that thread.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that the 'THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS' thread should be a sticky here in the 'General Discussions' forum?

I know that the thread hook referenced is in the hacking forum, and I understand why. However, the vast majority of users come to this forum, especially those that do not know what rooting is, and are curious. If you don't know what it is to 'root' your phone, chances are very slim that you would be visiting the 'hacking' forum, and therefore would never see that thread.

That would make sense.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How much would you bet if I was to move it to the Droid General Forum people would still ask?

And then we have all the other "general forums" now as well. Gets asked over there a lot too. I know where it is, I don't mind going over there and doing a copy paste.

chaz.ring

Reaction score

How much would you bet if I was to move it to the Droid General Forum people would still ask?

And then we have all the other "general forums" now as well. Gets asked over there a lot too. I know where it is, I don't mind going over there and doing a copy paste.

Sweet..... All my answers will be to PM hookbill to get a link from here on out then....jk....:icon_ nana: