What case for Droid 2?

StephenWVU

Reaction score
Hey guys, Verizon bumped me up to a droid 2 recently. I will be receiving it on tuesday but was wondering if my droid 1 case would work for it. I was told by one person it isn't worth while to get a case; however, I skateboard, snowboard, and well... I am thinking it seems like something I should have. Any recommendations as to what case is the best if my droid 1 case doesn't work?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Overstock has cases with style to them if you're flashy or like a personal touch. I have one from them and the red metallic from vzw.

And only the back will work....the front is all wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
The case VZW sells is great, fitment is perfect. It has a texture to it which helps you get a good grip and it also comes with the holster w/ swivel clip.

Directly from a D2

Inverse

Reaction score
There are no really good cases for the D2 yet. Most of VZW's offerings don't even expose the speaker completely. Tons of cheap knockoffs everywhere. Limited selection in color. No Otterman~. Nobody really seems to want to support the phone with accessories compared to other phones out there. :(

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Otterbox is supposed to have excellent cases but they come with a price of about $50.

Inverse

Reaction score
Sadly none out for the Droid 2 yet, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a bulky tank of a case from what I've seen anyway.

Don't know why the Otterman's seem so popular. They look ugly as hell. XD

Wish someone would do a review on the SGP Crystal Clear 4.0. It's not a case, but a full body urethane protector for the Droid 2. I don't wanna plunk money into something that sucks. It's too new I suppose. I absolutely LOVE their screen protectors, but that's miles away from a full body set that requires wet application.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can always go in to the vzw store or anywhere that sells cases and ask to test em out.

After the clip broke off of my first case I went in to vzw and tried on every case for the d2 they had. The guy there was really nice and opened up all the boxes for me and let me do my thing. Check to make sure nothing is obstructed by the case, things like the power, volume and camera buttons should be easily accessible. Make sure the speaker is not obstructed nor the camera or flash. Check to see that the prongs that hold the case on to the phone seem sturdy, like I said that was what broke on my first case.

I ended up deciding on a case that had a mix of hard plastic and rubber. It seems sturdy enough for anything i'll likely put my phone through and also feels good in my hands without adding too much thickness.

tappin and a talkin

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It looks better than the Bodyglove case that I have on my Droid. And its not really that big with the case. IMO

Lenagainster

Reaction score
... Any recommendations as to what case is the best...
In the Verizon accessories section, there was a nice leather slip in pouch for the D2 for $5. Unfortunately, the last time I looked, it was out of stock. But that's the kind of case I use and it protects the entire phone including the screen. Many cases still leave the screen exposed.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I will post a few pics of my VZW case later today, you really can't go wrong with it.

Directly from a D2