Case for Droid 3

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a case for the droid 3? Right now i'm leaning towards the Trident case.

With the original droid and it's cases [expensive and bargain brand], I had problems with the front piece staying on. I don't feel like dropping 20 bucks on a case only to have it fail a month later like others in the past.

If anyone has the Trident case, let me know what you think or if you can recommend a different brand, that be great too.

dooli108

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it!

I have a pretty bad habit of dropping my phone. I originally bought the Otterbox Commuter series, it's absolutely amazing. After about 6 months of bouncing down stairs and whatnot, one of the clips on the front piece snapped off, but it still stayed on fine. Because OB only had black, when I decided to get a new case, I went with Trident. The case is extremely durable, almost as good as OB but you can't plug headphones directly into the phone because the case itself is too clunky, so they give you an adapter to go with it. My other peeve with the Trident is that every time I slide open my phone, the case constantly hits the "4" key..which results in a lot of backspacing!

My preference is Otterbox, it's definitely worth the extra money. I actually think on amazon it's cheaper than Trident.

OP
BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
^^^Thanks for your feedback.

I messages a guy who reviews cases on youtube [DayDealOnDisplay is his user name] and he also recommended the Otterbox. He said it's better overall protection and has a 1 year warranty. Think I'm going to go with the Otterbox.