Best droid case?

Finnaginagain

Reaction score
What is the best droid case right now? i dont want one with a holster just a really good case thanks!

Reaction score
I love my Seidio Innocase in black, but I've heard great things about the Zagg invisible Shield. You might want to look into them both. It also depends if you're looking to keep it free of scratches, or be safe from serious falls.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't use a case, but i hear Seido is the best around here...

jnev

Reaction score
I had a body glove, which broke within my return period, so I returned it and got a Seidio. best case by far for a Droid.

warrior21

Reaction score
I like the seidio innocase. It's the best one I've used so far and it doesn't add much to the overall size of the phone

Project37

Reaction score
Another vote for Seidio Innocase. It's a two piece case (one fits over the top sliding section and the other wraps around the back of the phone). It looks great and does the job.

Things to note:

- Although unlikely at this point, the top piece may not fit properly. Seidio is excellent about getting a replacement part out ASAP.

- The phone will no longer fit in the Motorola dock. Seidio sells their own dock if you really want this feature.

- Removing the Seidio case is not easy (if you wanted to put the phone in the Motorola dock, etc.). It feels like it would be easy to snap - something I'm not interested in doing, given the amount of money I shelled out for what's essentially two little pieces of plastic.

- The top piece may cause a scratch on the base of the phone near the Verizon logo. It's not visible unless you slide the phone open. It doesn't really bother me, but giving you a heads-up.

All that said, I'm still happy with the case. I just wish that I knew more about the minor cons before I'd bought it. Hope that helps! :)

stdesign

Reaction score
I didn't want to spend a lot on a case, so I got one from Hand Held Items. It's a rubberized 2 pc. case so it makes the phone feel grippy. It's easy to remove for docking (I only need to remove the back piece) and it's only about $6 USD. The edge finish is a bit rough but the overall look of the case has a kind of rugged "Hummer" feel to it, so it's fine by me.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the best droid case right now? i dont want one with a holster just a really good case thanks!
Might help to specify what you look for in a case. Best is always very subjective and you probably won't get relevant replies without such info. Have you checked the Accessories forum? There are a lot of threads on cases there.

slinky

Reaction score
I had a body glove, which broke within my return period, so I returned it and got a Seidio. best case by far for a Droid.

How in the world did you break the Body Glove? I think this case provides by far the most protection and is built rock solid. Fits on my Droid perfectly. Only drawback is that it is a little thicker than other cases but it is cushioned. There are people here who have lovefests with a case and could be for reasons very different than what you prefer. You need to decide what is most important to you.

dmo580

Reaction score
Sedio Innocase is what I go with. Trust me. I'm a case fanatic. I'll spend taht $34.50 on a new Ipod to get an incase slider, and Id emand something as good as that on my Droid, and the Innocase cuts it.

Yes I really wish it could fit the car dock though =[

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Both my husband and I have the Body Glove and love it. My husband says it was the best thing I have ever bought him (besides his DROID). The rubberized texture saved his DROID the other day. We are in the process of moving and he had set his DROID on the side rail of his truck. He didn't think about it again until he had driven about 1/2 mile from the house, all of a sudden he wondered where his phone was. He looked in the rearview mirror and saw that his DROID was still sitting comfortably on the rail of his truck (Thank God!). He said any other hard case and it would have slipped off and fallen to the ground. So I totally support the Body Glove cover.

slinky

Reaction score
Some fanatics will spend $35 on a piece of plastic. Seidio does a fine job but it's a lot of money for a case that doesn't last too long if you are one of those people who needs to take the case off. I also think that the Body Glove provides more protection, is well molded and you can get them for under $20. The texture on the Glove is excellent in hand.

texas outlaw

Reaction score
I started out with the VZW case, that sucked. Went to the Body Glove case, that sucked. Am now using the Seidio Innocase and it rocks.

The VZW case is too bulky and doesn't alloow free slide of the phone and the crappy exterior cover of the Body Glove keeps it from sliding in and out of your pocket easily and it wears off over time. Makes your phone look like it has a skin disorder or mange.

Last edited:

slinky

Reaction score
I started out with the VZW case, that sucked. Went to the Body Glove case, that sucked. Am now using the Seidio Innocase and it rocks.

The VZW case is too bulky and doesn't alloow free slide of the phone and the crappy exterior cover of the Body Glove keeps it from sliding in and out of your pocket easily and it wears off over time. Makes your phone look like it has a skin disorder or mange.
The Body Glove is made not to slide easily and many like it because it really stays firm in your hand. The others that slide really easily in and out of your pocket do the same in your hand.